News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - **Around The NFL, Week One Thread**

Started by DaveBrown74, September 05, 2024, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I like this start to the season with one game each night, Thursday and Friday. Good matchups.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

H-Town G-Fan

McKinney making himself known early in GB... Though it was a terrible throw by Hurts.

Through the first quarter, Saquon picking up where he left off: 3 rushes, 3 yards. (Watch me eat my words on this one.)

uconnjack8

Eagles looked awful on offense in the 1st qtr.  2 T/Os deep in their own territory and managed to hold the Packers to 6 points.  A good part of that was Packers shooting themselves in the foot.

Quick drive and the game looks very different.

Barkley showing off those mediocre catching skills.

miss86

The game is on Peacock. Don't have a subscription. So, I guess I'm not watching it.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: miss86 on September 06, 2024, 09:10:12 PMThe game is on Peacock. Don't have a subscription. So, I guess I'm not watching it.

Super annoying, isn't it?

I dug my heels in for a while and have finally given in this season. I feel filthy having done so.

With that said I need to cut the cord at some point and do a full conversion.

miss86

The only way I would subscribe to watch a NFL game is if that is the only way to watch the Giants. I already had Prime so it was not a problem for me to watch NFL games on Thursday. How do sports bars deal with this? I'm listening to the game on Sirius.

EDjohnst1981

A nice cut and run by Barkley. Two scores already.

DaveBrown74

Oh boy. I'd love to see the look on Mara's face right now if he's watching this game.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 06, 2024, 09:28:39 PMA nice cut and run by Barkley. Two scores already.

The immediate hot takes of course will be "LOL Giants" ... But there's no way they should have signed him for that money. It's the exact move a team like the Eagles should make. And the question has never been talent, but moreso availability and that won't be borne out in one game.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 06, 2024, 09:33:44 PMThe immediate hot takes of course will be "LOL Giants" ... But there's no way they should have signed him for that money. It's the exact move a team like the Eagles should make. And the question has never been talent, but moreso availability and that won't be borne out in one game.

Oh absolutely. That money was too rich for my liking.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on September 05, 2024, 11:28:55 PMIt makes me sick how many mid or late round draft picks are good starters on the Chiefs and Ravens
I believe their elite talent amplifies the talent around. We only have 3 of those guys maybe 4 Bobby, Burns, Thomas, Lawrence. We need those elite players at Qb, WR, and Corner to take that next level imo.

killarich

killarich

Love is hit or miss

Some beautiful balls .... But some questionable and nasty balls

H-Town G-Fan

Hurts makes some bone headed decisions. Take the points and go up by 8.

Trench