News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Week 2 College Football

Started by Philosophers, September 06, 2024, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

the expressions on Notre Dame fans is priceless. they cannot believe what they are witnessing. 30 seconds to go, and Northern Illinois up by 2...if the score holds, will be the upset of the season
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Jclayton92

DaveBrown74

Disastrous loss. They'll now need to run the table to have a shot, even with the new 12 team format. They're not getting in at 10-2 with this schedule.

Rosehill Jimmy

It's always a good day when the Irish lose
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

Rosehill Jimmy

Raiola is very impressive for a Frosh. Easy to see why he was so sought after
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

spiderblue43

Watched Iowa collapse against rival Iowa State..awful. Beaten on a 54-yard fg at the gun. Yipes.

Hawkeye Qb Cade McNamara was simply dreadful all game. Numerous red zone opportunities and he couldn't throw it into the Iowa River nearby if he tried. Agonizing. :doh:  :boooo:

Jolly Blue Giant

Nice short video of the 'Cuse game yesterday...some of the highlights. TE Oronde Gadsden II will be a highly sought TE in next year's draft. He was ranked as one of the top TEs in this year's draft before "undeclaring", in order to play one more year under new coach Fran Brown

SU 2-0 (1-0 conference)
QB Kyle McCord leads the nation in Pass TDs (8) [3rd in nation for passing yards (735) - Jaxon Dart leads the nation in passing yards with 795 yds]
WR Trebor Pena leads the nation in Rec TDs (4) [Oronde Gadsden II has 3 TDs and is averaging 100 yds per game]
DE Fadil Diggs leads the nation in TFLs (6.0) [Diggs was given a crash course in new position and played LB in yesterday's game after losing LB Marlowe Wax from injury suffered last week]

https://twitter.com/CuseFootball/status/1832507935240388643

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

JT39

Michigan is not going to be very good this year for two reasons:

1. Wink - just an XXXXXXX who is absolutely clueless. If you really break down the game - on first and second down Michigan imposed their will. And then Wink starts doing things that cost us. I think Texas was 9/10 at one point on this down. Graham and Johnson are absolute studs. They are really missing rod moore at safety too.

2. Sherrone Moore is not a good coach. He got away with stuff last year cause his defense was amazing and he had some good skilled players. Davis Warren may be the worst starting QB in the power 5. His play calling is boring AF.

Michigan would be smart to reboot at the end of the year and dismiss these two. Their recruiting at the skill positions has dropped.

And my final thought from yesterday. I can't wait until Deion is fired from Colorado.

Jolly Blue Giant

Chris "Mad Dog" Russo on McCord..."I just ate a gummy"... =))  (probably more healthy than smokin a doobie)

https://twitter.com/Joshimpressions/status/1832502343536918873

Jolly Blue Giant

Mad Dog is stoned off his ass...you can see it in his eyes