News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Week 2 College Football

Started by Philosophers, September 06, 2024, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Huge weekend (at least for me).

Michigan - Texas is a huge matchup.  Nobody is giving Michigan a chance and that is a mistake as I believe their D will keep s oring way down.  Can Michigan take advantage of shots?  I think they were holding back last week.  I expect a good, close game.

Watch Will Johnson at CB against Texas' Bond at WR. True lockdown boundary CB vs explosive WR.  He's been getting coached by Charles Woodson.  If we want a boundary CB, he's the one.

I am in Colombia at the moment and will be sure I can find a sports bar showing it.

DaveBrown74

I like Michigan getting the points. 7 is a lot for the defending champs to be getting at home to anyone. I understand losing Harbaugh, McCarthy, Corum, and others is a big deal, but this is still a top program, and this line is basically saying that the Horns would be a 10 or 10.5 point favorite on a neutral field. I'm not sure I'm buying that. If they prove me wrong then I'll be more of a believer (or less of a believer in 2024 Michigan), but I need to see it happen.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 06, 2024, 08:11:47 PMI like Michigan getting the points. 7 is a lot for the defending champs to be getting at home to anyone. I understand losing Harbaugh, McCarthy, Corum, and others is a big deal, but this is still a top program, and this line is basically saying that the Horns would be a 10 or 10.5 point favorite on a neutral field. I'm not sure I'm buying that. If they prove me wrong then I'll be more of a believer (or less of a believer in 2024 Michigan), but I need to see it happen.

My Texas fans say they play much better when they are the underdog and they are worried.  Watch Mason Graham if you think the Giants need a 3 Tech DT

Jclayton92

I think Texas and Michigan are overrated in a big way.

Watch Colorado v Nebraska for Sanders v Raoila the freshman phenom.

Beyond that I'll be checking out most SEC games and lastly to see if Oregon plays bad ball 2 weeks in a row.

Jclayton92

Man Michigan is going to get used today I believe.

Jclayton92

Also watch out for Tennessee v NC State that will either be a real game or a blow out. NC state will go as far as Mccall takes them.

VanPelt

This environment is crazy, 100,000 gold fans in Michigan. What a tough place to play

madbadger

Ewers is playing really well against arguably the best defense in college football. Two drives, both very efficient, with two touchdowns where he escaped a dirty pocket. I know the first was called back because of a penalty but I won't hold that against him. He's quickly becoming my preferred replacement for Jones.

DaveBrown74

If this is the best D in college football, color me not that impressed with the 2024 college football defensive landscape. I appreciate Texas has big time talent, but this D is getting completely carved up here in in the first half in their home opener. I don't look at stats in the middle of games but I'm guessing UT might be approaching 300 yards of offense in this half.

Was Wink really the best possible hire for a college defense?

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2024, 01:16:42 PMIf this is the best D in college football, color me not that impressed with the 2024 college football defensive landscape. I appreciate Texas has big time talent, but this D is getting completely carved up here in in the first half in their home opener. I don't look at stats in the middle of games but I'm guessing UT might be approaching 300 yards of offense in this half.

Overrated in a big way imo.

DaveBrown74

Watching this utterly disastrous first half for Michigan is getting me more and more bullish the Chargers by the minute.

I understand Michigan lost players, but so did Texas. Both schools have big time pipelines. Getting humiliated this badly in your home opener as defending national champs is brutal.

Curious to see if they can adjust at all at the half. There's no way this game should be this lopsided in this venue. So far Michigan has looked like a non top 50 team.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 07, 2024, 01:20:41 PMOverrated in a big way imo.

Every dude on that defense will play in the NFL. The weak link is Martindale.

Jolly Blue Giant

I know I'm the only person on this board who cares, but in the first half, Syracuse is beating ranked Georgia Tech 21-14 and McCord already has 286 yds, 3 TDs, and 0 interceptions  :ok:

Go Cuse!

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

VanPelt

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2024, 01:16:42 PMIf this is the best D in college football, color me not that impressed with the 2024 college football defensive landscape. I appreciate Texas has big time talent, but this D is getting completely carved up here in in the first half in their home opener. I don't look at stats in the middle of games but I'm guessing UT might be approaching 300 yards of offense in this half.

Ewers has passed for 202, they have run for about 80. So you are pretty close

VanPelt

Quote from: madbadger on September 07, 2024, 12:42:37 PMEwers is playing really well against arguably the best defense in college football. Two drives, both very efficient, with two touchdowns where he escaped a dirty pocket. I know the first was called back because of a penalty but I won't hold that against him. He's quickly becoming my preferred replacement for Jones.

This is a statement game so far for him.