News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Week 2 College Football

Started by Philosophers, September 06, 2024, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Quote from: Philosophers on September 06, 2024, 08:01:47 PMHuge weekend (at least for me).

Michigan - Texas is a huge matchup.  Nobody is giving Michigan a chance and that is a mistake as I believe their D will keep s oring way down.  Can Michigan take advantage of shots?  I think they were holding back last week.  I expect a good, close game.

Watch Will Johnson at CB against Texas' Bond at WR. True lockdown boundary CB vs explosive WR.  He's been getting coached by Charles Woodson.  If we want a boundary CB, he's the one.

I am in Colombia at the moment and will be sure I can find a sports bar showing it.

I just turned it on.
The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on September 07, 2024, 01:35:14 PMEvery dude on that defense will play in the NFL. The weak link is Martindale.
No I agree, as a defensive unit the team is not good. I'd argue both Tennessee and Ole Miss have better dlines currently and outside Will Johnson Michigan's secondary has not looked good.

Jclayton92

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on September 07, 2024, 01:44:22 PMI know I'm the only person on this board who cares, but in the first half, Syracuse is beating ranked Georgia Tech 21-14 and McCord already has 286 yds, 3 TDs, and 0 interceptions  :ok:

Go Cuse!

Jolly,

As a NY state resident, I actually am a bit of a Cuse supporter. I'm not any sort of fanatic, but I generally pull for them.

I will say though, I feel like it's the same story every year. There is some enthusiasm about them early in the year, and they get off to a nice start record-wise and sometimes crack the top 25, and people get all excited. Then come some point in October, pretty much without fail, they finally have a legitimately tough game on the schedule, and it all comes crashing down...

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2024, 02:32:52 PMJolly,

As a NY state resident, I actually am a bit of a Cuse supporter. I'm not any sort of fanatic, but I generally pull for them.

I will say though, I feel like it's the same story every year. There is some enthusiasm about them early in the year, and they get off to a nice start record-wise and sometimes crack the top 25, and people get all excited. Then come some point in October, pretty much without fail, they finally have a legitimately tough game on the schedule, and it all comes crashing down...

The first time they've had a legit QB in years, and they have TE Gadson back (who just caught another TD, BTW). McCord has thrown for 368 yds and 4 TDs (0 int) with about 9 minutes left in the game. Cuse up 31-14.  And Georgia Tech is the team that kicked no. 10 Florida State's butt a few days ago. I think my enthusiasm is justified. But you're right about Cuse folding towards the end of the season. But this is a different team with a new coach and a friggin QB for a change
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on September 07, 2024, 02:42:48 PMThe first time they've had a legit QB in years, and they have TE Gadson back (who just caught another TD, BTW). McCord has thrown for 368 yds and 4 TDs (0 int) with about 9 minutes left in the game. Cuse up 31-14.  And Georgia Tech is the team that kicked no. 10 Florida State's butt a few days ago. I think my enthusiasm is justified. But you're right about Cuse folding towards the end of the season. But this is a different team with a new coach and a friggin QB for a change

I just looked at their schedule. With a win today they can get to 5-0 for sure. It gets more challenging after that. If they get to 5-0, remain undefeated, and then start winning in places like NC St and BC, playoffs could start to become a conversation.

andrew_nyGiants

How's that Wink Martindale defense looking today?!!

LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

The Big House is still packed with the home team down 31-6 with under 7 minutes to go in the game. Credit these fans for showing loyalty.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2024, 03:05:10 PMThe Big House is still packed with the home team down 31-6 with under 7 minutes to go in the game. Credit these fans for showing loyalty.

I see a fair amount of burnt orange in the stands. Usually when Michigan plays at home the visitors are only visible in a small section of the stadium.

DaveBrown74

I bailed on the UT/Umich game a while ago. Too many other interesting games. K State/Tulane is a good one. I'd love to see the upset here. This would be a huge win.

Jolly Blue Giant

Cuse 2-0 after beating GT - McCord 4TDs, 386yds, 0int. Nice to see the Orange knock off a ranked team...especially a conference foe

:goteam:  :drunk:
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

VanPelt

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2024, 03:20:58 PMI bailed on the UT/Umich game a while ago. Too many other interesting games. K State/Tulane is a good one. I'd love to see the upset here. This would be a huge win.

I think Texas bailed on the game a while ago too. Have barely tried to score in a while

DaveBrown74

Quote from: VanPelt on September 07, 2024, 03:28:59 PMI think Texas bailed on the game a while ago too. Have barely tried to score in a while

They have shown class in not bringing in Arch for mop-up duty against this opponent.

VanPelt

Arkansas - Ok State is a wild game, heading to OT

Jclayton92