News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

I really have to laugh at the commentators. "If Darnold can continue to throw accurately outside the numbers -- it is going to be a long day for the Giants secondary". Like that is so easy to do or something. A journeyman back-up on his 4 th team I think?

kingm56

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 02:05:00 PMI'd expect them to at least try to run the offense through his arm to some extent. We have three receivers that run a sub-4.4 40 and we haven't tried anything more than like 10 yards down the field.

We've actually thrown more than Minn 12 vs 10.  The difference is, we're 7 - 12 for an embarrassing 48 yards. 

Woody

Quote from: spiderblue43 on September 08, 2024, 02:03:58 PMgodawful first half by the offense. Jones looks terrible. wow, really bad. :boooo:  Redfaced  :doh:
How about the defense giving up. A 99 yard td drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babywhales

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 02:05:00 PMI'd expect them to at least try to run the offense through his arm to some extent. We have three receivers that run a sub-4.4 40 and we haven't tried anything more than like 10 yards down the field.

sitting him all summer meant slowly bringing him along now

They should've made them play the whole preseason or atleast 3 of every 4 quarters
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Trench

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 02:06:29 PMHe nearly threw a pick birddogging a reciever, threw behind Wandale, threw at Johnson's feet, and missed Wandale wide open. I think there's a reason he's avoiding relying on DJ's arm right now...

This!!!!!

T200

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 02:05:45 PMHow many years straight have fans blamed the OC?  The problem with the offense is abundantly clear, and it's not the play calling...
It's not a single problem. It's the QB, the talent (or lack of), AND the play calling.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Woody

Defense looks as clueless as the offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killarich

Jesus.. this is frustrating to watch

kingm56

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 02:08:04 PMIt's not a single problem. It's the QB, the talent (or lack of), AND the play calling.

The play calling is predicated on the talent.  You cant call 7-step drops if you don't have the OL OR QB. 

madbadger

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 02:05:27 PMDefense standing around, look exhausted!...team is not ready to play mentally or physically. Daboll needs to be on a short leash. Bellichick is waiting in the wings.

No thanks. Great coach, but too old and wants too much control. It won't end well.

jgrangers2

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 02:06:29 PMHe nearly threw a pick birddogging a reciever, threw behind Wandale, threw at Johnson's feet, and missed Wandale wide open. I think there's a reason he's avoiding relying on DJ's arm right now...

Running this conservative crap clearly isn't working. I don't care if he turns the ball over. The offense they're currently operating with gives them no chance.

killarich

ALL DAY

Bowen you have to bring extra pressure

Philosophers

Bill B was very smart to say he wants to coach again in 2025.  One of his most beloved teams may have an opening.

killarich

His knee was down...refs better not do a BS spot

T200

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 02:09:23 PMThe play calling is predicated on the talent.  You cant call 7-step drops if you don't have the OL OR QB. 
No disagreement there. But my point still stands... it's not "A" problem. There are multiple. Pointing to just one ignores the others.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: