News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I think it's fair to have a conversation that we should've had offense play a lot more in preseason. Coaches certainly don't have them ready procedurally that's for sure

Blue Since ‘62

I told myself that I'd stay positive for the entire game. It ain't easy.

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 01:41:50 PMWouldn't have been a first down anyway and we still got a perfect punt, but it's dismaying to see him that inaccurate on such a routine check-down type throw to someone the D didn't even care about and was nowhere near.

On pace again to have less than 150 yards passing, which has been the norm over the last 4 years.  Still, it's only the 1st qtr and plenty of time to improve the passing game.  If they cant play well against the Sam D led Min, who will they play well against? 

todge

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 01:42:21 PMPut that anywhere near Wandale and maybe you have a FG. No excuse for that miss.
Guess you didn't notice that a rusher was in Jones face forcing him to throw the ball early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Our D doesn't exactly have blazing speed on the outside. Have gotten flat out outrun around the corner multiple times already in key situations (one for a TD).

MagicRat

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 01:42:52 PMI think it's fair to have a conversation that we should've had offense play a lot more in preseason. Coaches certainly don't have them ready procedurally that's for sure
Echos of last season, we seem to be coming in undercooked again.
Smell my cheese you mother!

kartanoman

Too many penalties killing the flow of this game!!!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

Quote from: todge on September 08, 2024, 01:44:37 PMGuess you didn't notice that a rusher was in Jones face forcing him to throw the ball early

He can still be accurate even if he's rushed.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 01:42:52 PMI think it's fair to have a conversation that we should've had offense play a lot more in preseason. Coaches certainly don't have them ready procedurally that's for sure

I'm in full agreement. Couldn't agree more. It seems we'd rather not taking a small risk of our offensive guys getting hurt than run a very high risk that they'll be completely out of sync and off their games in at least week one if not beyond that.

DaveBrown74

Our hyped up edge rush is doing nothing so far. Darnold can wear a tuxedo back there.

MagicRat

We give Darnold time in the pocket Jefferson will kill us over the top.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Woody

D backs are a huge problem for this team

kartanoman

Must be Thanksgiving as Darnold is carving up the Giants' defense.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

bobalobabingbong

There was concern on our secondary before the season, and that is definitely warranted.  Not great.  :scared:
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."