News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 02:19:42 PMThat shouldve been a roughing the passer considering how soft the league is now
If that were to happen that would mean more of their yards would have been from penalties than anything else I believe

kingm56

loosing is one thing; however, the DJ-led offense over 5-years is just boring to consume.  How much more of do fans need to see? 

madbadger

To think we had a thread titled Jones derangement syndrome. He is the worst starting quarterback in NY Giants history. If he wasn't forced by Mara to give Jones that extension Schoen should lose his job for giving to sort of money to an absolute stiff. He can't even complete routine passes.

Woody

If this keeps up Daball may not last the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

What a disastrous start to the season. Ridiculous penalties, DJ getting sacked, nobody getting open, poor throws, dropped passes, no ground game...and starting the year with zero TDs in the first half...WTF
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 02:19:27 PMIs nobody on this team ever open?

They are. We just have a middle school quality starting quarterback. Wandale Robinson was wide open in the middle of the field. Jones either didn't see him or has the yips so bad that he couldn't throw it.

TDToomer

Anyone surprised if Lock finished the game at this point. Jones is awful period.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

He should bench Jones and put in Lock. Can't hurt
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

H-Town G-Fan

It's one half, but let's not pretend like this is in any way acceptable. Had to be lectured about how Jones needs time and weapons. Well, he's had some time today and some open receivers and he can't put it on players. Not in the same zip code at times.

goNets

If they continue this way, Jones should be replaced by week 4 at the latest. It's not all his fault but he's awful. Yes a DL was coming at him on that awful throw to Johnson but come on. He's wide open.

kingm56

Quote from: sooners56 on September 08, 2024, 02:22:26 PMPut in Devito

It's still early, and DJ has A LOT of rust; however, if this continues for 5 or 6 more quarters, I think they'll be real pressure to bench DJ. 

MagicRat

This is God-awful, more of the same.
The O line, well it's better but they're still getting home with four.
Our much vaunted D front......
Jones....he is what he is, those throws at the end of the half were awful.
The secondary.....as we all feared.
Again, we look like it's July on opening weekend.

This coukd be another ugly one.....season not game.
Smell my cheese you mother!

killarich

Quote from: TDToomer on September 08, 2024, 02:24:01 PMAnyone surprised if Lock finished the game at this point. Jones is awful period.

If they are going to Bench Jones ... they need to be logical and play Devito .... Lock takes us nowhere ... Devito is young ..... just see what he can do

madbadger

Quote from: goNets on September 08, 2024, 02:24:29 PMIf they continue this way, Jones should be replaced by week 4 at the latest. It's not all his fault but he's awful. Yes a DL was coming at him on that awful throw to Johnson but come on. He's wide open.

Week 4? How about by the 4th quarter today.