News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 02:51:30 PMNo pocket presence this guy. Jeez

zero...and it's been that way for multiple years. 

killarich

uconnjack8

Got it back to a 2 score game.  Got them right where we want them

killarich

This defense needs a three and out badly....

MagicRat

I'm going out on a limb here.....their pass rush has the measure of our improved O-line.
Smell my cheese you mother!

BlueMoshik

Quote from: MagicRat on September 08, 2024, 02:43:13 PMWhere do we ho from here?
Clean house again?
Or give this GM/coach combo a go around with their own QB?
What do you mean? Jones IS their QB! Who do you think gave him that huge contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 08, 2024, 02:53:32 PMGot it back to a 2 score game.  Got them right where we want them

LOL...meanwhile, our QB has less than 100 yards throwing. 

katkavage

babywhales

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 08, 2024, 02:18:32 PMWho is that sack on?
On 2nd and 19
That's on jones failure presnap read failure
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

madbadger

Quote from: umassgrad on September 08, 2024, 02:52:14 PMI have good news, this team will have the #1 pick in 2025 and we could have a franchise QB.

The Panthers disagree. We'll manage to win two or three meaningless games late enough to miss the best quarterback in the draft. It's the Giants way.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 02:43:09 PMWe knew it would take the Defense time to get up to speed, but with this Offense, it's like Deja vu all over again

Definitely thought we might see some guys running wide open in a scheme that is now heavy zone vs man. 

H-Town G-Fan

I can remember Eli stepping up in the pocket and delivering the ball. Jones? Eyes seemingly drop and if a scramble isn't there, curl up and take a sack.

madbadger

Quote from: babywhales on September 08, 2024, 02:54:33 PMOn 2nd and 19
That's on jones failure presnap read failure

Jones didn't adjust his protection to account for that extra man.

Trench

I don't understand this new kickoff format. Seems same as last year, still nobody runs it back

Ed Vette

Steps up in the pocket to the pressure for sacks, misses wide open receivers, fails to see the unblocked defender and fails to move the protection or hit the hot read... this is bad. In top of it, penalties up the ass, dropped passes and coverage issues. Can't make this xxxx up. Two years in a row.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin