News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueMoshik

I don't think Jones really came back from his injuries. I think he's a diminished player, not even what he was a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 02:56:29 PMI don't understand this new kickoff format. Seems same as last year, still nobody runs it back

Kick team start on the other team's 40 instead of their own 35 but they can't move until the ball hits the ground.

jgrangers2

Quote from: madbadger on September 08, 2024, 02:55:38 PMJones didn't adjust his protection to account for that extra man.

Or, at the very least, understand that guy is free and call a hot read

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 02:57:16 PMSteps up in the pocket to the pressure for sacks, misses wide open receivers, fails to see the unblocked defender and fails to move the protection or hit the hot read... this is bad. In top of it, penalties up the ass, dropped passes and coverage issues. Can't make this xxxx up. Two years in a row.

And looks scared

H-Town G-Fan

killarich

Why did Burns backtrack ? Thats what I hate about Zone defense... that makes no sense to me

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 02:58:20 PMKick team start on the other team's 40 instead of their own 35 but they can't move until the ball hits the ground.

Seems like the intent isn't having the desired effect yet

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 02:57:16 PMSteps up in the pocket to the pressure for sacks, misses wide open receivers, fails to see the unblocked defender and fails to move the protection or hit the hot read... this is bad. In top of it, penalties up the ass, dropped passes and coverage issues. Can't make this xxxx up. Two years in a row.
At least we're not paying Saquon  <:-P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: BlueMoshik on September 08, 2024, 02:57:42 PMI don't think Jones really came back from his injuries. I think he's a diminished player, not even what he was a couple of years ago.

huh?  He was bad before his injuries.  The man has been a bottom 5 passer for 5 years; fans just put all the blame on the OCs and/or HCs.  Even in 2022, his passing production was bottom 5, which he masked with running.  He's just not very good...

H-Town G-Fan

Heard so much about Burns. Would like to see him actually make a play.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BlueMoshik on September 08, 2024, 02:57:42 PMI don't think Jones really came back from his injuries. I think he's a diminished player, not even what he was a couple of years ago.

That will certainly be some of the attempted damage control PR campaign this week even though all reports from insiders have stated he is completely healed and that his play should not be impacted by any physical remnants of the injury and that if anything it would be psychological.

But I'm sure people will run with that nonetheless. I'm also expecting to hear a lot about the play calling too even though he was missing wide open guys in the middle of the field by a good 3-5 feet.

MagicRat

Is it me or has Dex returning spooked their front a little?
Smell my cheese you mother!

kartanoman

Hate to say it but I agree.

Also, if this is Daboll's play-calling, I like Kafka's better so Daboll needs to fire himself, rehire Kafka as the OC, and problem solved, right! Right? Hello, anybody hear me?

Yeah, not a good idea, is it?

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

killarich

A TD before the 4th Quarter would be appreciated

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 03:00:53 PMThat will certainly be some of the attempted damage control PR campaign this week even though all reports from insiders have stated he is completely healed and that his play should not be impacted by any physical remnants of the injury and that if anything it would be psychological.

But I'm sure people will run with that nonetheless. I'm also expecting to hear a lot about the play calling too even though he was missing wide open guys in the middle of the field by a good 3-5 feet.

Play calling tightened up in response to Jones being wildly inaccurate. There's a reason a former COTY isn't trusting him with more. Now doing so out of necessity.