News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Giants will look forward to a friendlier environment in Washington next week.

killarich

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

Ed Vette

Quote from: BlueMoshik on September 08, 2024, 03:10:05 PMThe fans are leaving the stadium. It's getting ugly. It's not just Jones, but Daboll might want to sit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did get a very nice gift package with SB Rings. There is that.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jgrangers2

He had time on that third down play and still tried to force it to someone who wasn't open and wasn't beyond the sticks

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on September 08, 2024, 03:11:24 PMIt's not about Jones anymore. He's done.

Daboll is not a good coach- we have to realize this.

He's the exact same coach he's been for two decades, and something I've spoken about numerous times on this board. With a below average QB, he produces terrible offenses, with a quality QB, he's highly effective. However, that's standard for all OCs/HCs.

umassgrad

Again, this is the Vikings and we are playing them in our house. Wait to we go on the road to Philly. 60-0 is not out of the question.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 03:11:06 PMLock is hurt.

I was under the impression Devito is the emergency QB inactive today?

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on September 08, 2024, 03:13:17 PMGiants will look forward to a friendlier environment in Washington next week.
=))
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Woody

From the uniforms to the same old bad play.  On both sides of ball...this has been a nightmare of a game.
Mara can't be happy.   Especially with the way Barkley played the other night

uconnjack8

Quote from: Woody on September 08, 2024, 03:14:45 PMFrom the uniforms to the same old bad play.  On both sides of ball...this has been a nightmare of a game.
Mara can't be happy.   Especially with the way Barkley played the other night

I think this team is at 2.6 ypc today.

babywhales

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 02:58:58 PMOr, at the very least, understand that guy is free and call a hot read
That right there
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

DaveBrown74

I would not play Jones next week. I know they will but they really shouldn't. Blame it on his health to save face and not humiliate him if you must, but they can't do this again. It's outrageous. With DeVito you can at least have a low error game manager who can complete passes and give the D a shot to win the game. Jones cannot complete routine, easy passes to open guys 10 yards away with adequate, routine NFL level protection.

People will say "it is just week one", but that is kind of my point. How about not letting this snowball to 1-5, only then to concede that it's not working? How about trying something different BEFORE the snowball process ensues like it does just about every year for the last decade?

expatriot

How are the optimists feeling now?  Reality sucks.  This was a xxxx show as evidenced by Hard Knocks, which actually made me laugh at how sorry the Giants management, scouts and ownership truly are. No vision, no pursuit of an identity. Just wow. :surrender:  :boooo:

Woody

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 03:14:33 PM=))
They can't beat Washington now they have a QB