News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Dak the highest paid player in NFL history

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Am I the only one who thinks Dallas will never win a SB with Dak Prescott?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 12:35:19 PMAm I the only one who thinks Dallas will never win a SB with Dak Prescott?

I doubt it.

This is great news.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 12:35:19 PMAm I the only one who thinks Dallas will never win a SB with Dak Prescott?

No you're definitely not, because I feel the same way.

Dak is a good QB. Definitely above average. But he has had nothing but elite talent around him on both sides of the ball pretty much his whole career, and he can't go anywhere in the postseason. And it's a large sample now.

While I don't think Dak is worth being made the highest paid player in football, it's not easy to criticize the Cowboys for this when you really look at the situation holistically. Dak is better than what you can get in free agency most years, and the odds of a team like the Cowboys, who basically never pick in the top 10, of getting someone better in the draft are very low. It's sort of hard for them to do anything but go with the guy they have won a ton of regular season games with and hope he finally breaks through in January one of these years. To be fair, John Elway couldn't win the big one until very late in his career, and then he suddenly won two. So it's not unprecedented. But I think we can agree Dak is not Elway.

Jolly Blue Giant

Wow, Jerruh has hung a millstone around his neck. Dak has talent, but he doesn't have the kind of winning mentality that emanates off truly great QBs...the ones who rise to the occasion in big games, and have a knack for finding ways to win when things aren't going as planned. He's no Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes. And once you dedicate such a huge portion of cap to your QB and WR, that means you're going to lose players in the future who chase the almighty dollar, because Dallas won't be able to pay them to stay...not to mention, Dak fades under pressure and now he's being paid more than the Brady's and Mahomes of the football world. Lot of high expectations thrown on his shoulders...which means "high pressure"

Who knows...just seems a little crazy to me
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)