News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Mara - I’m begging you please

Started by JT39, September 08, 2024, 02:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

If we go something like 5-12, I think cleaning house again will happen.  There wont be a next year.  It will be necessary.

I believe we will take a look at Bill B. But I would not be surprised if Steve Sarkisian is interviewed and considered.  Maybe even Saban.  Giants will lean toward a veteran HC.

TONKA56

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 10, 2024, 09:16:16 AMidk why people insist that Mara is meddling still and controlling decisions.

Not John Mara specifically.

TONKA56

Quote from: Philosophers on September 10, 2024, 01:04:26 PMIf we go something like 5-12, I think cleaning house again will happen.  There wont be a next year.  It will be necessary.

I believe we will take a look at Bill B. But I would not be surprised if Steve Sarkisian is interviewed and considered.  Maybe even Saban.  Giants will lean toward a veteran HC.

Won't happen.

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TONKA56

Quote from: Philosophers on September 10, 2024, 01:46:14 PMWhat part?

The house cleaning. Unless a complete media spectacle debacle occurs, the regime will be given one chance to rebuild yet again with a new quarterback. Unfortunately they may not be in a great situation to obtain one, either because they won't have adequate draft capital, a quality player won't be available-forcing another overdraft, or they'll have to compromise on a retread free agent.

TONKA56

Quote from: TDToomer on September 10, 2024, 02:20:21 PMChris Mara is meddling?

The nepotistic trifecta of John Mara, Chris Mara, and Tim McDonnell. Since two of them hold positions within football operations, perhaps meddling isn't the appropriate word. The optics aren't good for anyone arguing that this arrangement is optimal for producing winning football.

Philosophers

No
Quote from: TONKA56 on September 10, 2024, 03:03:16 PMThe house cleaning. Unless a complete media spectacle debacle occurs, the regime will be given one chance to rebuild yet again with a new quarterback. Unfortunately they may not be in a great situation to obtain one, either because they won't have adequate draft capital, a quality player won't be available-forcing another overdraft, or they'll have to compromise on a retread free agent.

No way. 

TONKA56

Quote from: Philosophers on September 10, 2024, 05:35:50 PMNo
No way. 

Yes. After the past ten years it will take an absolutely epic debacle to lead to a house cleaning. A mere bad record won't be enough.

coggs

Quote from: Philosophers on September 10, 2024, 01:04:26 PMIf we go something like 5-12, I think cleaning house again will happen.  There wont be a next year.  It will be necessary.

Saban? No way. 

TDToomer

What is this obsession with Giants fans wanted to pursue septuagenarian for head coach? Belichick can't win without Brady and Sabon has only failed outside of coaching the minors.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: TONKA56 on September 10, 2024, 06:01:43 PMYes. After the past ten years it will take an absolutely epic debacle to lead to a house cleaning. A mere bad record won't be enough.

A year 3 record of 5-12, a huge DJ contract, loss of Saquon to a rival, draft blunders with Neal and generally subpar drafts overall, and a complicated offense that defenders say they know the plays and poor construction of position coaches and coordinators will be sufficient reasons to reset.

We have always thought the Giants "loaned" Bill B to the Pats.  I can see it happening.