News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Yes, another Daniel Jones thread

Started by DaveBrown74, September 08, 2024, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Giant Jim on September 08, 2024, 04:01:04 PMHe's shell shocked. Mara was right, they ruined him. He was never this bad. The rest of the team wasn't much better.

No. He was never that good. He's never had it between the ears and he's got nothing to challenge defenders with. He's always stared down receivers. He's doing it in season six. Daboll hid him in his most successful season and for some reason people believed he was capable of more? No way.

T200

Jones was injured most of last season. He did a miraculous job of rehabbing and getting healthy to start Week 1. That was no easy feat. He deserves credit and kudos for getting to this point.

He also has a new offensive line along with a new offensive play caller in Daboll. It's a lot to get used to, coupled with his rehab. Fans sitting at home don't realize how much pressure he's under to perform. He doesn't get the support from his own fans and it's a lot for him to deal with. His new offensive line hasn't proven that they can protect him so he's still skittish when he has the ball. Certainly, we can understand that.

I think he'll be fine as the season goes on and we'll make the playoffs.

No, I don't believe any of that.  =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 04:06:56 PMJones was injured most of last season. He did a miraculous job of rehabbing and getting healthy to start Week 1. That was no easy feat. He deserves credit and kudos for getting to this point.

He also has a new offensive line along with a new offensive play caller in Daboll. It's a lot to get used to, coupled with his rehab. Fans sitting at home don't realize how much pressure he's under to perform. He doesn't get the support from his own fans and it's a lot for him to deal with. His new offensive line hasn't proven that they can protect him so he's still skittish when he has the ball. Certainly, we can understand that.

I think he'll be fine as the season goes on and we'll make the playoffs.

No, I don't believe any of that.  =))

I was SO ready to be mad!

madbadger

Quote from: katkavage on September 08, 2024, 03:59:49 PMIt's goes beyond Jones.

With all due respect I hate posts like this. I don't think there is a poster here that feels that this is a playoff caliber roster everywhere but quarterback, and with even an average quarterback this team is so much better than it showed today. The defense held a talented Vikings offense to 21 points despite being forced to play behind the 8 ball all game long.

Messiah717

Look, you had two guys come in last year after the Jones injury and move the ball better than he ever could.  That should told the definitive story regarding Jones.  Today was just a complete and utter embarrassment at the QB position.

MagicRat

Well, we need something to discuss I guess, just for interest, whatever the history/reasons, can we agree Jones is done?
Anyone not believe that to be true?
Smell my cheese you mother!

kingm56

PSUBeirut

We've been hearing on this board that because Jones has played with such terrible OLs that he may be shell shocked and antsy- in other words, that he's been broken because of all that pressure for so long (The David Carr argument).  I completely agree with that, HOWEVER, he was a poor QB to begin with.  So now you take a poor QB who is now also shell shocked and injury prone and what do you get?  QB HELL. 

jgrangers2

I can't recall a QB that double pumps as much as I saw him today. He's almost never throwing in rhythm unless that first read is wide open.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MagicRat on September 08, 2024, 04:09:31 PMWell, we need something to discuss I guess, just for interest, whatever the history/reasons, can we agree Jones is done?
Anyone not believe that to be true?

Can't judge him until we have 5 Pro-Bowl offensive lineman and the Giants get a time machine and sign prime Jerry Rice. Just not fair to him otherwise.

Messiah717

From now on he should be Daniel "Peen" Jones.

StompYouOT

I disagree it's "beyond belief"  I expected this, I think he's terrible and pretty much always has been.  He can run, but even then it's just downhill running.  No pocket awareness, doesn't think the game well and I never thought he was a good passer.

I said "Under" at wins with 4.5 being the line and it's looking like it.  Do you just let this season be a catastrophe, fire everyone and pick a QB in the Top 3??  Or do you seriously go get Tannehill or call Johnny Football.  What about the backup on the Bears?  Idk. It's bad though, maybe worse than anytime in my lifetime.

MagicRat

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 04:11:36 PMCan't judge him until we have 5 Pro-Bowl offensive lineman and the Giants get a time machine and sign prime Jerry Rice. Just not fair to him otherwise.
So, season after next then?
Gotcha!
Smell my cheese you mother!

Messiah717

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 04:11:12 PMI can't recall a QB that double pumps as much as I saw him today. He's almost never throwing in rhythm unless that first read is wide open.

He just wants to get rid of it asap.  Short pass after short pass.  It could be third and sixteen and you know he's throwing short.

T200

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 04:11:36 PMCan't judge him until we have 5 Pro-Bowl offensive lineman and the Giants get a time machine and sign prime Jerry Rice. Just not fair to him otherwise.
I was gonna say he does well when there's no pass rush, but he seems to find a defender to run into more than he finds his open receivers.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: