News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Malik Nabers

Started by sooners56, September 08, 2024, 03:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Quote from: Messiah717 on September 08, 2024, 09:13:02 PMIf I was Nabers I'd be sure to get away from this franchise as soon as it's possible. 

He only has to deal with this for one season. We as fans are on year 6. So for me I don't much care what he says or what he does. Throw your arms up when you're wide open down the field and Jones gets scared and throws it away? Fine with me. Tell the reporters then only thing you can control is running your routes? Terrific. Grab Jones by the face mask to try and shake the suck out of him? Even better. He's getting a complete pass from me because he didn't ask for any of this and he could be injured on any given play while his QB plays like the just plucked him out of the stands that morning. 

TDToomer

I find it very disheartening to read that a fellow Giants fan is openly encouraging our top rookie to leave as soon as his contract is up which may not be an option until after 2029.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Bob In PA

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 08, 2024, 04:51:39 PMI think it's only fair he gets 60 games or so before we judge anything.

That seems to be the leash for first round picks, or at least some of them.

I'm certainly not judging him after one game. If you want to, go ahead.

ED: Good one.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: TDToomer on September 09, 2024, 09:26:09 AMI find it very disheartening to read that a fellow Giants fan is openly encouraging our top rookie to leave as soon as his contract is up which may not be an option until after 2029.

They've had two supremely talented players in the last decade in OBJ and Saquon. The Giants didn't pay either of them (I'm not passing judgment on the decision-making on those players one way or the other, just noting the optics). Instead, they elect to pay DJ. In light of that, would you be encouraged to be a skill-player drafted by the Giants? I think it's a tough sell.

TDToomer

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 09, 2024, 09:35:46 AMThey've had two supremely talented players in the last decade in OBJ and Saquon. The Giants didn't pay either of them (I'm not passing judgment on the decision-making on those players one way or the other, just noting the optics). Instead, they elect to pay DJ. In light of that, would you be encouraged to be a skill-player drafted by the Giants? I think it's a tough sell.

Are you seriously suggesting that Mara did not sign off on a huge extension with OBJ? Come on man. You might want to google this.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: TDToomer on September 09, 2024, 09:44:11 AMAre you seriously suggesting that Mara did not sign off on a huge extension with OBJ? Come on man. You might want to google this.

You're correct--I'm misremembering. Though, in my defense, I don't clock it because he never played for the Giants under that contract. So while he signed off on it, he also signed off on shipping him out of town.

And I don't need to be lectured to Google things. But thanks.

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 09, 2024, 09:35:46 AMThey've had two supremely talented players in the last decade in OBJ and Saquon. The Giants didn't pay either of them (I'm not passing judgment on the decision-making on those players one way or the other, just noting the optics). Instead, they elect to pay DJ. In light of that, would you be encouraged to be a skill-player drafted by the Giants? I think it's a tough sell.

H-T: In addition (seeing Tomlinson in action yesterday reminded me), the Giants have also given up on, traded or simply released a disheartening number of defensive interior linemen who went on to succeed elsewhere (most of whom are still in the league). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Messiah717

Quote from: TDToomer on September 09, 2024, 09:26:09 AMI find it very disheartening to read that a fellow Giants fan is openly encouraging our top rookie to leave as soon as his contract is up which may not be an option until after 2029.

Disheartening is watching how this organization is being run.  Complete ineptness that lends to a consistent losing environment. 

TDToomer

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 09, 2024, 09:47:44 AMYou're correct--I'm misremembering. Though, in my defense, I don't clock it because he never played for the Giants under that contract. So while he signed off on it, he also signed off on shipping him out of town.

And I don't need to be lectured to Google things. But thanks.

But he did play under that extension! For 1 season. Barkley's rookie season. The contract extension year 1 replaced his 5th year option and then he was traded (yes with Mara' blessing).

Maybe Spotrac instead of Google.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/transactions/_/id/14421/odell-beckham-jr

QuoteMar 13, 2019
Traded to Cleveland (CLE) from New York (NYG) with Olivier Vernon for Jabrill Peppers, Kevin Zeitler, 2019 1st round pick (#17 Dexter Lawrence) and 2019 3rd round pick (#95 Oshane Ximines)

Aug 27, 2018
Signed a 5 year $90 million contract extension with New York (NYG

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: TDToomer on September 09, 2024, 11:58:23 AMBut he did play under that extension! For 1 season. Barkley's rookie season. The contract extension year 1 replaced his 5th year option and then he was traded (yes with Mara' blessing).

Maybe Spotrac instead of Google.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/transactions/_/id/14421/odell-beckham-jr

I'm wrong again--mea culpa. Your point is taken.

Philosophers

It seems like at every intersection they go the wrong way and make a bad decision.

Nabers showed something yesterday.  Almost everyone else on O did not.  So far Nabers looks line the one rare good decision.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on September 09, 2024, 12:44:07 PMIt seems like at every intersection they go the wrong way and make a bad decision.

Nabers showed something yesterday.  Almost everyone else on O did not.  So far Nabers looks line the one rare good decision.

I agree, Joe; he looked the part...I'm happy with this pick.  Now, can we throw the ball consistently beyond 10 yards? 

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 09, 2024, 10:04:20 AMH-T: In addition (seeing Tomlinson in action yesterday reminded me), the Giants have also given up on, traded or simply released a disheartening number of defensive interior linemen who went on to succeed elsewhere (most of whom are still in the league). Bob

the only defense of this, is we kept drafting better replacements. DT is the only thing we draft well. we had linval, let him go, then got hankins, let him go, then got dex. would have been nice to keep the first 2, but when you can upgrade at a cheaper price you do it.

uconnjack8

Nabers looked the part and even in that awful offensive performance you could see his ability. 

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 10, 2024, 07:34:00 AMthe only defense of this, is we kept drafting better replacements. DT is the only thing we draft well. we had linval, let him go, then got hankins, let him go, then got dex. would have been nice to keep the first 2, but when you can upgrade at a cheaper price you do it.

This is Dalvin Tomlinson erasure!