News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ryan Tannehill anyone?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 08, 2024, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Wouldn't be against Tannehill coming on board but would like to see what Lock can do first

coggs

Quote from: Gmo11 on September 09, 2024, 07:31:10 AMTo what end? Yes the owners should feel responsible to put something resembling competency on the field but say they do bring in Tannehill and he does what he always does and wins 6-8 games. Then what?

They're better off letting devito lose every game because at least then a real QB can be acquired.  Tannehill is over the Tannehill he's not a long term answer. He's a band aid on a bullet wound. It would do more harm than good.

We're just going to have to suffer through one of the worst seasons imaginable then draft hope. We should be used to that by now.
Tend to agree.  Tannehill is a guy you bring in on a short deal when you do draft that QB in first round, but dont want to throw him to the wolves.  Similar to Kurt Warner, start him for about 6-7 games then transition to the rookie to break him in.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on September 09, 2024, 07:41:31 AMWouldn't be against Tannehill coming on board but would like to see what Lock can do first
I'm with you UK.

I bring up Tannehill because to me the entire QB room is questionable at best.

As to GMO's question "to what end" there are a lot of players on offense who will miss an entire season of development if this continues as is. As much as we'd all like a guaranteed top 3 pick to raise the probability of a QB in next years draft...history shows that not even that will insure our success.

Develop the other skill positions and OL with at least a competent QB and continue the rebuild.

BTW...Mara in his justification for paying Jones was "we did everything we could to ruin this kid"

The main thing they've never done (and that ship has sailed now) was put him in a Quarterback competition to actually EARN the starting role. That more than anything (IMHO) retarded his growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MrGap92

No thanks, this season is doomed if DJ is a failure like he appears. Just give DeVito some snaps to develop, see if he can be a #2 and primary backup moving forward. Get your guy next year.

TDToomer

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on September 09, 2024, 07:41:31 AMWouldn't be against Tannehill coming on board but would like to see what Lock can do first

I agree with this. We saw Taylor move the ball downfield better when he played last year. I think this is the likely outcome. Tannehill is probably waiting for someone to get hurt not benched.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

VanPelt

Based on the All-22 posts I have seen so far, I think Tannehill would have had a big game yesterday. All it takes is medium accuracy and looking at more than 1 receiver