News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I have officially hopped off the DJ train

Started by killarich, September 08, 2024, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

To this day his entire career I defended Danny Dimes

But today was my breaking point .... He had time in the pocket today ... yea maybe some plays no one was open ..but still idk I just cant defend him anymore

Season is just 1 game in ....  Daboll please start Devito next week.... I don't think he will be great .. but he has potentially a higher ceiling than Lock obviously .... But Devito has more of a calm presence in the pocket and doesn't stare down his receivers

He did win 3 games in a row last season .... and now we have Nabers

Just make the move now ... why risk more games at this point

T200

The line will get better. The receivers will get open.

Schoen and Daboll need to keep putting Jones out there so JOHN MARA can clearly see that Jones is not the answer.

I think we'd have to go winless for the first 5 or 6 games before he gets yanked.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Messiah717

I hope the train atleast had a good bar car. 

coggs

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 04:20:16 PMTo this day his entire career I defended Danny Dimes

But today was my breaking point .... He had time in the pocket today ... yea maybe some plays no one was open ..but still idk I just cant defend him anymore

Season is just 1 game in ....  Daboll please start Devito next week.... I don't think he will be great .. but he has potentially a higher ceiling than Lock obviously .... But Devito has more of a calm presence in the pocket and doesn't stare down his receivers

He did win 3 games in a row last season .... and now we have Nabers

Just make the move now ... why risk more games at this point
I'm with you. I was a on a dvr delay, just finished watching a few minutes ago.  Texted people that I am done with him.  Plays were there that he just did not make and if they are not going to let him try to throw deep, then the underneath stuff is never going to be there.  Neither will the screens or the running game.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: coggs on September 08, 2024, 04:34:33 PMI'm with you. I was a on a dvr delay, just finished watching a few minutes ago.  Texted people that I am done with him.  Plays were there that he just did not make and if they are not going to let him try to throw deep, then the underneath stuff is never going to be there.  Neither will the screens or the running game.

As one of DJ's ardent supporters (or at least this is how I read your posts), I do would like to ask what exactly what the tipping point for you?

madbadger

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 04:25:44 PMThe line will get better. The receivers will get open.

Schoen and Daboll need to keep putting Jones out there so JOHN MARA can clearly see that Jones is not the answer.

I think we'd have to go winless for the first 5 or 6 games before he gets yanked.

If I'm Daboll I'd rather get fired for benching Jones than to ride a guy he's knows can't win into getting fired for not winning.

killarich

Quote from: coggs on September 08, 2024, 04:34:33 PMI'm with you. I was a on a dvr delay, just finished watching a few minutes ago.  Texted people that I am done with him.  Plays were there that he just did not make and if they are not going to let him try to throw deep, then the underneath stuff is never going to be there.  Neither will the screens or the running game.

Yea man .....it was early in the game as well too when I started getting anxious

I can't defend the guy anymore ..... I thought he still had a slight chance at being that guy ..... I no longer think that in the slightest

T200

Quote from: madbadger on September 08, 2024, 04:55:16 PMIf I'm Daboll I'd rather get fired for benching Jones than to ride a guy he's knows can't win into getting fired for not winning.
I agree. But unless Mara overrides Schoen's authority, Daboll isn't getting fired. Schoen knows full well the situation they both inherited and Schoen isn't going to hold Daboll fully accountable without giving him his own QB.

I'm sure Mara will be consoling DJ at the dinner table this evening.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on September 08, 2024, 04:55:16 PMIf I'm Daboll I'd rather get fired for benching Jones than to ride a guy he's knows can't win into getting fired for not winning.

100% this.

These guys (Schoen and Mara) need to realize that the rest of the league is watching. Going into your next job interview and saying "I didn't want to upset John Mara, so that's why I didn't make the change" is not going to impress people very much.

kartanoman

Did Daniel Jones ever turn his neck today? I'm not so sure he did. His peripheral vision either has been compromised or doesn't exist, I can't tell.

His speed has clearly been compromised. It covered some of his flaws in the past, but clearly no more.

As many have called out, the league has caught on to his tendencies and schemes to neutralize them.

Any improvements to the line were compromised, in part, by his
ability to go through his progressions slower than Windows for Workgroups 3.1 on a 286 IBM Pentium desktop paperweight (oops, I meant computer!).

Maybe the Giants should make one of those mannequins on that GEICO commercial the starting QB next week. They couldn't be any stiffer than the performance from the QB today.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 05:02:11 PMI agree. But unless Mara overrides Schoen's authority, Daboll isn't getting fired. Schoen knows full well the situation they both inherited and Schoen isn't going to hold Daboll fully accountable without giving him his own QB.

I'm sure Mara will be consoling DJ at the dinner table this evening.
After seeing how Mara was apprehensive about Barkley leaving on Hard Knocks, I wonder if the accusations of meddling are somewhat exaggerated. I also think that Mara would fire Schoen after this year if he saw him and his HC, contributing to the stagnation. Just throwing that out there.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 08, 2024, 05:23:07 PMAfter seeing how Mara was apprehensive about Barkley leaving on Hard Knocks, I wonder if the accusations of meddling are somewhat exaggerated. I also think that Mara would fire Schoen after this year if he saw him and his HC, contributing to the stagnation. Just throwing that out there.
I think the accusations of Mara's undue, indirect influence are true, even in the Barkley situation. Schoen just stuck to his guns and his number that he was not willing to budge on.

I agree that Mara may want to fire Schoen if he felt that sticking with him wasn't the right move. However, I think (hope) he knows he would be directly feeding the dysfunctional lack of continuity if he fired them after the season. He can't complain that they've done everything to screw up his golden child and then proceed to fire yet another coach/offensive system.

4 Aces

Me too.

I had him on the shortest leash imaginable this year. He has not improved at all since 2022 and Flores was toying with him like a cat and mouse. It was tough to watch.

The bigger problem is, this entire organization sucks still. The coaching staff actually took a huge step backwards losing Martindale at DC. Bowen is a yes man that wouldn't make waves, and walks around the facility looking like a slob. Just like Schoen and his bros in the front office. He is not a good DC. And Daboll is not a good coach either.

It would be nice if the problem was simply Daniel Jones, but it's much worse than that.

brownelvis54

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 04:25:44 PMThe line will get better. The receivers will get open.

Agreed....Need to stick with Jones all year. Why? Because the Giants gave him the contract...let the chips fall where they fall. I don't like the Giants paying him so much to sit. Is Lock the guy? Is DeVito the guy? NO. Let Jones play, and if he sucks, then the record will reflect it. Bad record means high pick, Jones' play will cost him his job and help the Giants get their guy. Havin a 6-11 season does nothing (if we play Lock or DeVito) assuming they can do better.
The KING is in the building

AYM

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 05:29:35 PMI think the accusations of Mara's undue, indirect influence are true, even in the Barkley situation. Schoen just stuck to his guns and his number that he was not willing to budge on.

I agree that Mara may want to fire Schoen if he felt that sticking with him wasn't the right move. However, I think (hope) he knows he would be directly feeding the dysfunctional lack of continuity if he fired them after the season. He can't complain that they've done everything to screw up his golden child and then proceed to fire yet another coach/offensive system.

Schoen and Daboll came from outside and have accomplished nothing here, so I don't think Mara would feel loyalty to them like he did for, say, Gettleman. This is the third year. That's enough time to not be accused of lack of continuity if the wheels come off and this team comes in at, say, 2-15.