News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I have officially hopped off the DJ train

Started by killarich, September 08, 2024, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: AYM on September 08, 2024, 05:36:41 PMSchoen and Daboll came from outside and have accomplished nothing here, so I don't think Mara would feel loyalty to them like he did for, say, Gettleman. This is the third year. That's enough time to not be accused of lack of continuity if the wheels come off and this team comes in at, say, 2-15.
Is three years enough time to fix what Gettleman left though?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 05:41:01 PMIs three years enough time to fix what Gettleman left though?

Is three years enough time to fix it? I don't know.

Is three years enough time to exhibit material improvement? Absolutely.

There is no legitimate excuse for us to still be this bad in year three of this regime.

Brooklyn Dave

Look I witnessed that abysmal performance today and Daboll did not have his team ready to play . That said, it is only one game . There are 16 games  left so the sky is not falling today.

Trench

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on September 08, 2024, 06:58:40 PMLook I witnessed that abysmal performance today and Daboll did not have his team ready to play . That said, it is only one game . There are 16 games  left so the sky is not falling today.

Nope. No good. Unacceptable that this happened 2 years in a row.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on September 08, 2024, 06:58:40 PMLook I witnessed that abysmal performance today and Daboll did not have his team ready to play . That said, it is only one game . There are 16 games  left so the sky is not falling today.

Defense was acceptable. 21 points is not great, but should be within reach. They even handed the offense a great opportunity early with the fumble caused by rookie Dru Phillips deep in enemy territory. I can't imagine what it's like to play defense when you know if you give up 10 points it's basically over.

Philosophers

If we go QB in round 1 of 2025 Draft, I don't want Daboll's paws on him.  I want a new GM and HC.  JS and BD have had too many misses.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 06:33:39 PMIs three years enough time to fix it? I don't know.

Is three years enough time to exhibit material improvement? Absolutely.

There is no legitimate excuse for us to still be this bad in year three of this regime.
No excuse at all.

But we know the reasonS: QB, offensive line, offensive skill players.

Two of the three have been addressed; time will tell if there will be noticeable improvements on the field. The main one hasn't changed and hasn't shown signs of improvement.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on September 08, 2024, 07:17:18 PMIf we go QB in round 1 of 2025 Draft, I don't want Daboll's paws on him.  I want a new GM and HC.  JS and BD have had too many misses.

Interesting perspective, Joe.  Honestly, as much as I want to, it's hard to argue. Hmmm, I may have to alter my thinking here. 

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 07:24:36 PMInteresting perspective, Joe.  Honestly, as much as I want to, it's hard to argue. Hmmm, I may have to alter my thinking here.

He makes a good point

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 05:41:01 PMIs three years enough time to fix what Gettleman left though?
When it was obvious that Gettleman was floundering and had no coherent plan, certain individuals here ran with the excuse that he basically inherited an expansion team. There's always going to be a reason/excuse. But at some point, you have to take the results you're getting at face value.

T200

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 08, 2024, 07:31:30 PMWhen it was obvious that Gettleman was floundering and had no coherent plan, certain individuals here ran with the excuse that he basically inherited an expansion team. There's always going to be a reason/excuse. But at some point, you have to take the results you're getting at face value.
I agree with your overall point but taking things at face value is the same reason Jones got a new contract off of a playoff win. You can't take things at face value and be expected to give a proper evaluation of a situation.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 07:43:26 PMI agree with your overall point but taking things at face value is the same reason Jones got a new contract off of a playoff win. You can't take things at face value and be expected to give a proper evaluation of a situation.
Yes, agreed. Just to say that when you're consistently getting poor results, you have to have a limit to staying the course. But, yes, I think you're correct in the broader point you're making.

T200

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 08, 2024, 07:56:45 PMYes, agreed. Just to say that when you're consistently getting poor results, you have to have a limit to staying the course. But, yes, I think you're correct in the broader point you're making.
I'm with you there. For me, I'd be comfortable giving Schoen and Daboll two more years if they get their QB in next year's draft. If they don't grab a QB in the draft, they're on the hot seat.

brownelvis54

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 08:00:20 PMI'm with you there. For me, I'd be comfortable giving Schoen and Daboll two more years if they get their QB in next year's draft. If they don't grab a QB in the draft, they're on the hot seat.

Two years sounds right. 2025 get their QB, 2026 evaluate where the team is
The KING is in the building

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 08:00:20 PMI'm with you there. For me, I'd be comfortable giving Schoen and Daboll two more years if they get their QB in next year's draft. If they don't grab a QB in the draft, they're on the hot seat.
Yep. I'm guessing this is what ownership is thinking as well.