News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I have officially hopped off the DJ train

Started by killarich, September 08, 2024, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on September 08, 2024, 06:58:40 PMLook I witnessed that abysmal performance today and Daboll did not have his team ready to play . That said, it is only one game . There are 16 games  left so the sky is not falling today.

Brothers I have been saying this for what 6 years now ?

But today he had plenty of time out there and wasn't able to do anything with it ..... I understand some of those plays no one was open .... But the other 50% like someone said earlier .... He didn't turn his neck once

Jones has the talent imo ..... but he can not read a defense or progressions one bit .....

Today was the first time I literally watched the game and thought to myself "this can't be fixed" ..... and ask anyone on this message board I was always a Jones defender

At this point I think it's over with the Jones experiment .... If we go on a winning streak and Jones balls out I will GLADLY eat  crow

Trench

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 08:07:12 PMBrothers I have been saying this for what 6 years now ?

But today he had plenty of time out there and wasn't able to do anything with it ..... I understand some of those plays no one was open .... But the other 50% like someone said earlier .... He didn't turn his neck once

Jones has the talent imo ..... but he can not read a defense or progressions one bit .....

Today was the first time I literally watched the game and thought to myself "this can't be fixed" ..... and ask anyone on this message board I was always a Jones defender

At this point I think it's over with the Jones experiment .... If we go on a winning streak and Jones balls out I will GLADLY eat  crow

Welcome to my world. I'm with you

coggs

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 08, 2024, 04:47:15 PMAs one of DJ's ardent supporters (or at least this is how I read your posts), I do would like to ask what exactly what the tipping point for you?
Just too many times today I said something along the lines of, "Come on, you can't miss that..."  It was not the pick-6.  Van Ginkel made a great play on that, 9 out of 10 that ball is dropped/knocked down when a DLineman gets his hands on it and you live for another play. I think his worst play might have been the Dallas Turner sack.  He comes clean.  How Jones didn't see it was 3 on 2 and audible, I don't know.  Then, he avoids the initial attempt by Turner, but then doesnt get outside to extend the play and takes the sack anyway. 

T200

Quote from: coggs on September 08, 2024, 08:28:19 PMJust too many times today I said something along the lines of, "Come on, you can't miss that..."  It was not the pick-6.  Van Ginkel made a great play on that, 9 out of 10 that ball is dropped/knocked down when a DLineman gets his hands on it and you live for another play. I think his worst play might have been the Dallas Turner sack.  He comes clean.  How Jones didn't see it was 3 on 2 and audible, I don't know.  Then, he avoids the initial attempt by Turner, but then doesnt get outside to extend the play and takes the sack anyway. 
Plays like that make me wonder if Jones throws the ball with this eyes closed. I understand it's a quick pass but how do you not see the defender there?  ~X(  ~X(
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

nicky1000

I am with those of you who defended and finally capitulated. I would often go back and forth/ chicken or the egg (no line, no receivers vs poor QB play). I finally saw it today, he just does not process quick enough, he is skittish and not a fluid player. Plays were there to be made. He's like the guy who plays awesome pick up football but in the NFL the throw needs to be at the spot almost a tic before the WR is. DJ waits then throws...and the WR often bails him out catching a ball that is behind him, or worse, it gets picked.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: nicky1000 on September 08, 2024, 08:46:19 PMI am with those of you who defended and finally capitulated. I would often go back and forth/ chicken or the egg (no line, no receivers vs poor QB play). I finally saw it today, he just does not process quick enough, he is skittish and not a fluid player. Plays were there to be made. He's like the guy who plays awesome pick up football but in the NFL the throw needs to be at the spot almost a tic before the WR is. DJ waits then throws...and the WR often bails him out catching a ball that is behind him, or worse, it gets picked.

When was the last time you saw DJ throw someone open? He basically needs 2 yards of clear separation or he refuses to throw it. He shows no anticipation. Then when he does deliver, he's not accurate (either bad ball placement within the body or completely uncatchable).

coggs

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 08:38:49 PMPlays like that make me wonder if Jones throws the ball with this eyes closed. I understand it's a quick pass but how do you not see the defender there?  ~X(  ~X(
As others have said, he locked in on the receiver.  Likely thought the ball would be by the defender before he reacted.  We see plays all the time where the defender goes for the ball and he just misses it by being a quarter of a second too late. 

kingm56

Quote from: nicky1000 on September 08, 2024, 08:46:19 PMI am with those of you who defended and finally capitulated. I would often go back and forth/ chicken or the egg (no line, no receivers vs poor QB play). I finally saw it today, he just does not process quick enough, he is skittish and not a fluid player. Plays were there to be made. He's like the guy who plays awesome pick up football but in the NFL the throw needs to be at the spot almost a tic before the WR is. DJ waits then throws...and the WR often bails him out catching a ball that is behind him, or worse, it gets picked.

I actually have a lot of respect for you, nicky (and Kill).   You guys are here participating in the post-game chat, and reconsidering your notions, as they relate to DJ.  It could be a long season; good discord is how we'll all get through it. 

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 08:59:47 PMI actually have a lot of respect for you, nicky (and Kill).   You guys are here participating in the post-game chat, and reconsidering your notions, as they relate to DJ.  It could be a long season; good discord is how we'll all get through it. 

Let's hope the front office and staff is tough enough to have these conversations

nicky1000

I tend think Mara really likes JS. Whether or not Daboll stays or goes is one thing but I suspect JS makes it to pick another QB as he showed he wanted to do.

He missed badly on Neal and Kayvon (we can debate the latter) but Mara will give the GM a very long leash

coggs

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 08:59:47 PMI actually have a lot of respect for you, nicky (and Kill).   You guys are here participating in the post-game chat, and reconsidering your notions, as they relate to DJ.  It could be a long season; good discord is how we'll all get through it. 

Yea it finally hit me ..... before (as you know) we would disagree on everything .... Because I genuinely felt at the time I could speak on defense of Jones

But today as I sat in my gazebo watching the game in this nice weather ..... I couldn't even debate with myself on why it wasn't DJ's fault .... The team all together played bad .... But the Jones bad ... was just that ... Jones bad ... no one else to blame

Idk if I'm in some kind of weird trance .... But I'm actually worried about the the next few weeks that Jones has it pretty much locked to be the starter .....I'm pissed that I feel the season is over after week 1 ..... I know Devito probably means the season is over but it's too early to think draft I still want to win games ..... After today I legit have no confidence that Jones will win us a game .....

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 06:33:39 PMIs three years enough time to fix it? I don't know.

Is three years enough time to exhibit material improvement? Absolutely.

There is no legitimate excuse for us to still be this bad in year three of this regime.

The excuse is Mr. Excuses himself.  Granted nobody put a gun to his head to give Jones that contract but it's impossible to win with that guy. The rest of the team if you go up and down the roster is significantly better. The cap situation is significantly better. If they could get even average QB play from freaking ANYBODY they'd be a pretty good team. But they can't with the slop they currently have at the position. Which is why it's so important to get that #1 pick and not randomly go on a 3 game winning streak when the season is already lost!

spiderblue43

Making excuses for DJ again is long over (he isn't quite recovered,from his acl) and is bs. He hasn't improved his awareness, accuracy or efficiency at all. And it shows.

Plus, he's as inspiring as a potato..he's just there..oh well..try better next time..enough. Get him off the field before he gets knocked out with 25 mil. injury clause

That would really be adding more insult to injury. It's over. Daboll and Schoen are looking at a world of hurt after Washington next week. Carolina in Germany may be the only game we might win in the first half.

:hurt:  :boooo:  :surrender:

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 08:52:44 PMWhen was the last time you saw DJ throw someone open? He basically needs 2 yards of clear separation or he refuses to throw it. He shows no anticipation. Then when he does deliver, he's not accurate (either bad ball placement within the body or completely uncatchable).

H-T: It seems clear that he is unable to throw people open and lacks anticipation.

THAT aspect of his game has never changed and cannot be blamed on anyone else.

As for accuracy, I saw worse yesterday from QB's widely believed be superior to Jones, especially if the player in question was (also) coming off an injury from last season.  Among comments related to this issue were those made by Tom Brady about Deshaun Watson (something like "it's rust, and it will take him a while coming off a serious injury to get back into the rhythm and tempo of an NFL game...").

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!