News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Snap Counts

Started by MightyGiants, September 09, 2024, 08:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
#Giants offensive snaps vs #Vikings:

1. Nabers never came off the field

2. Hyatt barely played (16 total snaps)

3. Singletary 70% RB usage

4. TE snaps: Johnson (86%), Manhertz (28%), Bellinger (23%)

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
#Giants defensive snaps:

1. Rookie S Tyler Nubin never came off the field

2. Isaiah Simmons DID NOT PLAY (only special teams)

3. Rookie LB Darius Muasau 82% with an INT

4. Azeez in for Thibodeaux at times in 2nd half

5. Phillips, Belton both got their hands on the ball but were not rewarded with more PT (possibly due to ankle and back issues)

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
#Giants special teams snaps vs #Vikings:

1. Coughlin pec injury could have him out long-term

2. Belton, Summers tied for team high 22 STs snaps

3. BFW drew holding penalty on punt coverage

4. Team's decision to try to roll with injured Gunner Olszewski backfired, had them shorthanded there. Slayton punt returner, Gray and Tracy on kicks

5. Gano was money, 2 for 2. And Gillan had an excellent game punting, with help of Summers, Belton, McCloud to down ball at the 1

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Those defense snap counts are bad,

Why was Dex 67%, and Phillips 26% despite making a couple plays? Thibodeaux seems to low too.

LennG

Their best defensive player is in for 37 snaps.
Simmons doesn't even play one snap.

Who is making these decisions?

REALLY????????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Again, Brian Daboll should be responsible for this.

MrGap92

Would the snap counts fall on Daboll, or the coordinators?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 09, 2024, 08:58:53 AMThose defense snap counts are bad,

Why was Dex 67%, and Phillips 26% despite making a couple plays? Thibodeaux seems to low too.

It was warm yesterday; it made sense to rotate DL to keep them fresh.  As the weather gets cooler and/or the humidity drops, I suspect the starting DL will play more snaps.

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 09, 2024, 11:40:40 AMIt was warm yesterday; it made sense to rotate DL to keep them fresh.  As the weather gets cooler and/or the humidity drops, I suspect the starting DL will play more snaps.

I only live a few miles from the stadium.  The weather was near perfect yesterday.  The humidity was low, and the temps ranged from the 60s to the low 70s with a nice breeze.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Because it was game one, could it be that Dex's conditioning isn't at mid season level yet? If so that could explain the relatively low snap count, and why it should increase going forward.

londonblue

The personnel usage (and non usage) and lack of quality depth on the DL contributed to our problems.

Johnson has done nothing to be TE1 and his inability to block limits the run game. Hyatt and Tracy cannot make or threaten splash plays, something Daboll says he values, sat on the bench. Phillips cannot make plays sat on the bench watching Flott get beaten and he seemed fit when out there. We have 5 DT on the roster but only Dex is a factor on the field.

Burns/Thibodeaux may not have been helped by the scheme and Minny's quick hit pass game but they have to own their own non-performance just as much as DJ does. It is not all on the coaches.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 09, 2024, 11:42:43 AMI only live a few miles from the stadium.  The weather was near perfect yesterday.  The humidity was low, and the temps ranged from the 60s to the low 70s with a nice breeze.

If I were there, I would have froze my (you know what) off! Compared to the "balmy" 108 here in the PHX Valley, lows in the high 80s, I would have dressed as an eskimo!!!

I sure hope Dex and the team are conditioned to handle the rigors of a game, or at least most of it by now. These guys are super-athletes and are being paid to be conditioned nearly year-round. Sure, "game-shape" does take a few regular season games, but they should be close to fully conditioned by now.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

HondurasGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 09, 2024, 10:17:32 AMAgain, Brian Daboll should be responsible for this.

Daboll can't multi-task

He's calling plays now (and doing a lousy job at it because he's also trying to be a head coach)...

He's been in over his head since he got here...

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Sem on September 09, 2024, 11:59:15 AMBecause it was game one, could it be that Dex's conditioning isn't at mid season level yet? If so that could explain the relatively low snap count, and why it should increase going forward.

i know it sounds wishy washy, but once the game is out of reach, take your best player out. whats the point of him risking injury week 1. that defense is bad with him, and would be atrocious without him.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: HondurasGiants on September 09, 2024, 04:48:29 PMDaboll can't multi-task

He's calling plays now (and doing a lousy job at it because he's also trying to be a head coach)...

He's been in over his head since he got here...

heres a crazy thought...hire a competent OC!