News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt

Started by Trench, September 09, 2024, 10:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I'd watch the Hyatt situation very closely. Daboll seemed to have him in the doghouse for most of last season even when it was apparent he was a speed weapon. Now yesterday It was reported he left with his eye black on his face without speaking to media. He did have a drop but a good coach wouod go right back to him in an effort to "coach" him through it.

This has all the makings of locker room dysfunction after just one game. Hyatt should be used to complement Nabers. I don't think Daboll likes the kid for some reason.

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 09, 2024, 10:34:53 AMI'd watch the Hyatt situation very closely. Daboll seemed to have him in the doghouse for most of last season even when it was apparent he was a speed weapon. Now yesterday It was reported he left with his eye black on his face without speaking to media. He did have a drop but a good coach wouod go right back to him in an effort to "coach" him through it.

This has all the makings of locker room dysfunction after just one game. Hyatt should be used to complement Nabers. I don't think Daboll likes the kid for some reason.
I like Hyatt too but last season his route-running was called into question. Now that we have Nabers, Slayton is the #2 receiver and Robinson is the slot guy. Not a whole lot of reps for Hyatt as the #3 and he's gotta make the most of his opportunities when he gets them.

Now, his not getting targeted is not on Daboll. That's on the QB. If Hyatt is upset, I don't think that reflects negatively on the coach.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

I tend to agree. This is the area if you wanted to crush Daboll I'd think it would be deserved. Hyatt was the best WR on the team last year and hardly played. This year he and wandale are both fighting for WR 2 but only one of them plays. And Hyatt taking the top off the defense will help everyone.

Unless he knows Jones won't throw it deep anyway so that removes any usefulness of a deep threat. Even still the decision to not play him is curious and I'd like to know the explanation.

VanPelt

Sucks being a deep threat on a team where the QB only throws 5 yard curls

spiderblue43

Bobby talked about this as trouble potentially. Afterall, he did leave abruptly, hardly saw the field yesterday. Daboll might be in desperation mode soon, but he'll get another assistant job somewhere...if let go.

todge

Quote from: VanPelt on September 09, 2024, 10:51:00 AMSucks being a deep threat on a team where the QB only throws 5 yard curls
You do realize Daboll calls the plays? The check down throws are made because the primary targets are not open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umassgrad

Hyatt will eventually leave the Giants and become a star with a team that has a better offense.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 09, 2024, 10:34:53 AMI'd watch the Hyatt situation very closely. Daboll seemed to have him in the doghouse for most of last season even when it was apparent he was a speed weapon. Now yesterday It was reported he left with his eye black on his face without speaking to media. He did have a drop but a good coach wouod go right back to him in an effort to "coach" him through it.

By all reports, Hyatt put on muscle and put in extra time with the coaching staff this preseason.  To not reward him with more playing time does run the risks you discussed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Quote from: todge on September 09, 2024, 11:23:27 AMYou do realize Daboll calls the plays? The check down throws are made because the primary targets are not open.

You say that like DJ doesn't lock onto his first read and not look anywhere else 95% of the time.

T200

Quote from: todge on September 09, 2024, 11:23:27 AMYou do realize Daboll calls the plays? The check down throws are made because the primary targets are not open.

Or the QB doesn't see them or isn't confident enough to make the throw.

Giantleap56

I have seen enough of Dabol. I think the dude is toxic. He ran Wink out. He threw Kafka under the bus. You are going to see how terrible a coach he is. Hyatt should get targeted at lead 7-8 time and basically take the top off the coverage. I'm so tired of looking at screen passes. They need to make quick moves. Which is send Dabol out. Turn the keys over to Kafka. Dabol is toxic I'm done with Mr. iPad tosser. You can hate on Jones all you want but the man that started him is Dabol. Players don't like him you can feel it.

Gmo11

I can say with 100% certainty there was multiple opportunities to hit deep passes (10+ yards) down the field to a variety of receivers and not many were even attempted let alone completed.  Sitting Endzone mid level I could see the whole field and was infuriated at the lack of vision and guts from Jones. The one deep ball to Nabers they completed was actually on a play where he was more covered than at least 3 or 4 others where he was legitimately wide open.  He just made a play on the ball. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giantleap56 on September 09, 2024, 11:31:15 AMI have seen enough of Dabol. I think the dude is toxic. He ran Wink out. He threw Kafka under the bus. You are going to see how terrible a coach he is. Hyatt should get targeted at lead 7-8 time and basically take the top off the coverage. I'm so tired of looking at screen passes. They need to make quick moves. Which is send Dabol out. Turn the keys over to Kafka. Dabol is toxic I'm done with Mr. iPad tosser. You can hate on Jones all you want but the man that started him is Dabol. Players don't like him you can feel it.

It's never a good look when a head coach has a significant turnover in their coaching staff not associated with promotions.  The Wink saga reflected poorly on both sides.  So I agree. When you go through what Daboll did and the team lays an egg in the opening game, that reflects very poorly on the man who pretty much owns it (especially since he took over play-calling duties).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Good coaches use the attributes that players possess and work to hide their deficiencies. Andy Reid would have Hyatt running early days Tyreek Hill routes and even DJ might hit him occasionally. If Daboll cannot see what he has then he is not the offensive genius he was claimed to be.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

T200

Quote from: Giantleap56 on September 09, 2024, 11:31:15 AMI have seen enough of Dabol. I think the dude is toxic. He ran Wink out. He threw Kafka under the bus. You are going to see how terrible a coach he is. Hyatt should get targeted at lead 7-8 time and basically take the top off the coverage. I'm so tired of looking at screen passes. They need to make quick moves. Which is send Dabol out. Turn the keys over to Kafka. Dabol is toxic I'm done with Mr. iPad tosser. You can hate on Jones all you want but the man that started him is Dabol. Players don't like him you can feel it.
Daboll calls the plays. The QB decides where to throw the ball. The fact that Hyatt isn't getting the ball isn't on the coach.