News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Tyreek Hill bodycam footage

Started by Doc16LT56, September 09, 2024, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

It was, but they didn't follow instructions. This is Miami and Cop's lives are potentially at risk at any time or any stop. When I saw the interaction with the audio, it was not what Tyreek described yesterday. Would it have been this excessive if he was white? In that city, it might. Roll your window down when asked. Get out of the car when asked. Give your license when asked.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

nicky1000

That was hard to watch. We know Tyreek is a bit of a pain but man that went way too far. Once he was cuffed/detained it could have ended there but they kept escalating.

Topshelf21

Listen to and obey an officer of the law PERIOD!

Tyreek Hill needs to understand he is not above the law. His status as a wealthy football player does not matter. He is bringing his status as a person of color into the equation to get away with not complying with an officer and a direct order from that officer. An officer of the law...

Abide or get placed in bracelets.

Lawrence Taylor included!

Everyone wants to call out law enforcement when they are needed and not available. The same people call out law enforcement when they are available but use methods to ensure their own safety during a stop/call.

It's a thankless job that doesn't get paid enough that places the officers life on the line every shift they work.

This xxxx is getting out of hand with all the xxxxxxxx used in the media because this guy can run fast and score with a leather ball in his hand.

Of course Hill made a mockery out of it with his TD celebration that same day where he placed his hands behind his back like he was being placed in cuffs. I think that shows how much he cares about what happened and how he was cackling with delight on the sidelines after the display.

Complete horseshit in my opinion.

DaveBrown74

What was the initial reason for the stop in the first place?

Doc16LT56

Not everyone is cut out to be law enforcement, clearly. The officer is a person of color and was looking for a fight. Escalated at every opportunity. Being a police officer doesn't give you free reign to be bad at your job.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Topshelf21

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 09, 2024, 10:17:59 PMNot everyone is cut out to be law enforcement, clearly. The officer is a person of color and was looking for a fight. Escalated at every opportunity. Being a police officer doesn't give you free reign to be bad at your job.

I agree with your first part of your response.

I completely disagree with your 2nd and 3rd parts of your response.

To retort to your response....Nor does being a NFL player allow you to be above the law, nor be above an officer of the law.

Don't get this issue twisted Doc.

Tyreek Hill is no angel my guy....

Doc16LT56

My God Ed, what does the one story have to do with the other? If you can't work a beat without being paralyzed in fear, you shouldn't be in the job.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Topshelf21 on September 09, 2024, 10:31:34 PMI agree with your first part of your response.

I completely disagree with your 2nd and 3rd parts of your response.

To retort to your response....Nor does being a NFL player allow you to be above the law, nor be above an officer of the law.

Don't get this issue twisted Doc.

Tyreek Hill is no angel my guy....
Is it possible to do the job while remaining professional and showing respect to the person you've stopped? I know it is because my brother does it every day. I'll never understand the knee jerk reaction to protect incompetent officers.

Topshelf21

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 09, 2024, 10:32:20 PMMy God Ed, what does the one story have to do with the other? If you can't work a beat without being paralyzed in fear, you shouldn't be in the job.

You're off Doc, with your comments.

Seriously.

This has nothing to do with New York Giants football.

I'm out.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Topshelf21 on September 09, 2024, 10:36:55 PMThis has nothing to do with New York Giants football.

This thread is cited as an NGT thread in the title. That means it's not about Giants football. Not sure if you were aware of that but there you go.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 09, 2024, 10:32:20 PMMy God Ed, what does the one story have to do with the other? If you can't work a beat without being paralyzed in fear, you shouldn't be in the job.
That's the danger they face in a high crime city. He didn't roll his blacked out window down and didn't get out of the car when instructed to do so. What if he had a gun? Should he take that chance? Do you know what his training instructed him to do in that situation?

I said the reaction was extreme, but I can understand why and it never would have happened if he did what he was told.

I don't know how bad his speeding was and if it was reckless, but there were four Bikes there for that stop.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Topshelf21 on September 09, 2024, 10:36:55 PMYou're off Doc, with your comments.

Seriously.

This has nothing to do with New York Giants football.

I'm out.

Good because your takes are awful. Even the Miami PD thinks it was excessive since the officers are on leave.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Angel L Maysonet
125.2K posts

@bigricanman
RETIRED NYPD Detective/JTTF TFO. Corporate Security Manager. No one hates a bad cop more than a good cop.
@NYPD48PCT
 alumni. #BlueLivesMatter #BackTheBlue 🇵🇷
Media PersonalityNew York nothingfurther.buzzsprout.comBorn September 4Joined August 2012
11K Following
39.7K Followers

Conversation
Angel L Maysonet
@bigricanman
My thoughts on the #TyreekHill arrest/detention

As a police officer, half the battle is de escalation.

Write the summons. You're walking away from the vehicle. Who cares if he puts his window up? You have his ID.

It's not our job to teach grown people manners. Being rude isn't a crime.

"Yo man. Sweet ride. Why were you driving so fast? Slow down. Have a good game."

I've let bonafide criminals that I had locked up in the past, go for similar violations.

Should you follow a lawful order when stopped? Yes. But there were plenty of opportunities to squash this.

His friend pulls over to see what's going on, why so aggressive with him?

"Your friend is being detained. Please keep driving. It's unsafe to park there."

There are enough legitimate criminals out there that we have to worry about.

These police officers were unprofessional in my opinion.

#NFL #MIAMI #BackTheBlue

https://x.com/bigricanman/status/1833301675546648974
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE