News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

MNF -- Jets vs 49ers

Started by Fletch, September 09, 2024, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Jets jumping out to an early lead with a TD.

Woody

Giants next coach on with Eli and Peyton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katkavage

Fletch

It is sort of interesting watching Eli , Bill and Peyton, and Rodgers and Purdy. It is like these guys like are thinking about the play and what the defense is doing. They make it look easy on 3rd down and check out of plays and look for holes in the D , The Gaints don't any of that it seems like.

Ed Vette

Playing at a whole other level of intensity.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

I look at Purdy and I see confidence and a healthy and wanna be there posture. So different in terms of intangibles and "it factor" than what I feel when I watch Jones.

kartanoman

Quote from: Trench on September 09, 2024, 10:14:58 PMI look at Purdy and I see confidence and a healthy and wanna be there posture. So different in terms of intangibles and "it factor" than what I feel when I watch Jones.

He's had "it" from his first start in 2022. Just a serendipity spot to land as Mr. Irrelevant! I really want to see him lead the 49ers all the way to the championship as a number of us, here in the PHX valley, where he grew up, are pulling for him.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

It's hard not to look good when you have time to throw to wife open receivers and I do mean wide open.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Philosophers

Quote from: LennG on September 10, 2024, 10:15:35 AMIt's hard not to look good when you have time to throw to wife open receivers and I do mean wide open.

DJ is not Purdy under any condition.

The 49ers are doing everything right.  Look at their player draft selection and trades.  Their backup RB Mason gets almost 150 yards as a replacement for McCaffrey.

They seem to be 3 deep everywhere.  We have a 5 and 7 pick of which one is ok not elite and one is a bust.

Jclayton92

I looked at some of these guys on the Jets and 49ers, like who the F are these guys? Why can't we get any no names to produce like that. Seriously the 49ers Oline is basically Trent Williams and late round picks working great in unison. Just baffling.

kingm56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 10, 2024, 11:20:13 AMI looked at some of these guys on the Jets and 49ers, like who the F are these guys? Why can't we get any no names to produce like that. Seriously the 49ers Oline is basically Trent Williams and late round picks working great in unison. Just baffling.

It doesn't hurt to have a QB who's adept at getting the ball out quickly.  Purdy is vastly underrated...

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on September 10, 2024, 11:38:33 AMIt doesn't hurt to have a QB who's adept at getting the ball out quickly.  Purdy is vastly underrated...

So so true.  Many people cant get out of their head that he was a late pick yet he plays like the 1st pick of the draft should play.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 10, 2024, 11:20:13 AMI looked at some of these guys on the Jets and 49ers, like who the F are these guys? Why can't we get any no names to produce like that. Seriously the 49ers Oline is basically Trent Williams and late round picks working great in unison. Just baffling.

The value of a truly

Here is what the 49ers O-line coach says about this:

It helps that Foerster now works under Kyle Shanahan in a system that bolsters offensive line play. The Niners believe they can get quality play out of linemen who might struggle elsewhere.

"Now, there's a line... there's a line below which that with offensive line play that if you just drop a little bit below it, it's a gaping hole," Foerster admitted. "All of a sudden, you're like, 'He can't block anybody.' And now we got a major problem. But as long as they're at that line and just above it, you can survive it and you can take care of them. We've got ways with our system. We can chip, we can do all sorts of things to help guys. Slide lines, double team, the best rusher on the team. There are so many mechanisms to help alignment. If a guy can't get open, if a guy can't catch the ball and run, that's where we have a problem. But in offensive line play, you have to be careful. You have to have those 6, 7, 8 guys that are just at that line or above. And that's the challenge."

For Foerster, pursuing game-breaking talent take can a simple play the distance, like Deebo Samuel, makes an offense more dangerous and difficult to defend.

"Could you put five first-rounders across the front? I don't know that we have to, to have success," he said. "And it hasn't been that case as far as running the football and protecting the quarterback. We don't have five first-rounders, so there's always going to be that. But, the fact that you can throw a short pass to Deebo, even though the right tackle's getting beat, it ends up being a 60-yard touchdown. So yeah, the right tackle blocks somebody, but if the guy gets tackled at five yards, you don't have the 60-yard touchdown. 'Boy that right tackle did a great job.' What's it matter if the guy touching the ball can't take it to the house? So, there's the trade-off, and you're constantly playing that game."

https://www.nfl.com/news/niners-chris-foerster-on-lack-of-first-round-ol-invest-in-players-who-touch-the-ball-and-score-touchdowns
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Reminiscent of the 2008 Giants OL.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Our oline played fine last week