News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We need Thibs to be better

Started by Doc16LT56, September 09, 2024, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc16LT56

He's a top-10 pick going into his third season. This is really bad tape. He needs to step it up in week 2.

https://x.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1833242591766450346?t=UUx3kLgYaWMWH8r1qduJ9w&s=19

DaveBrown74

I agree.

We've talked enough about Jones (albeit with good reason). There are other players who aren't pulling their weight on this team. Thibs is one of them.

For the 5th overall pick in the draft in year three of his NFL career, he should be better than this.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 09, 2024, 10:17:35 PMI agree.

We've talked enough about Jones (albeit with good reason). There are other players who aren't pulling their weight on this team. Thibs is one of them.

For the 5th overall pick in the draft in year three of his NFL career, he should be better than this.

It's hard to tell on video but it didn't look like great effort on a lot of plays. He was going up against their left tackle Darrisaw who is very good, but... I don't know. That tape just looks bad.

I'm also reminded that they could've drafted Darrisaw instead of Kadarius Toney (who just signed to the Browns practice squad). Huge missed opportunity.

Giant Obsession

He ain't getting any better.  what you see is what you will be getting all year.  As I said in an earlier thread he is a tick above avarage.  that's it.

He will have a few moments sure, but by and large another draft bust.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Bob In PA

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 09, 2024, 10:11:33 PMHe's a top-10 pick going into his third season. This is really bad tape. He needs to step it up in week 2.

Doc: IMO an understatement.

And you're right about Darrishaw, who (like Andrew Thomas) pitched a shut-out yesterday (I'm fairly sure).

This spring, someone questioned whether Giants' D-line personnel is good enough to play Bowen's defense, which relies heavily on getting pressure while rushing only four men. We never reached a conclusion, but a few more awful games like Sunday and the matter will no longer be open for discussion.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

So the 2022 draft, in which we had a 5th overall pick and a 7th overall pick, consisted of:

(1) Kayvon Thibodeaux: a decent but overall disappointing player relative to reasonable expectations.

(2) Evan Neal: an unmitigated, massive, all time draft bust of the highest order up there with Ron Dayne and Cedric Jones.

It almost feels like Schoen should be fired for the above alone. And that doesn't even begin to address the fact that he is paying the worst starting QB in the NFL $40mm a year!

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 09, 2024, 10:39:22 PMDoc: IMO an understatement.

And you're right about Darrishaw, who (like Andrew Thomas) pitched a shut-out yesterday (I'm fairly sure).

This spring, someone questioned whether Giants' D-line personnel is good enough to play Bowen's defense, which relies heavily on getting pressure while rushing only four men. We never reached a conclusion, but a few more awful games like Sunday and the matter will no longer be open for discussion.

Bob
I was hoping for a lot more from the Thibs/Burns tandem. Huge disappointment in week 1. At least big Dex did his part.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Giant Obsession on September 09, 2024, 10:35:30 PMHe ain't getting any better.  what you see is what you will be getting all year.  As I said in an earlier thread he is a tick above avarage.  that's it.

He will have a few moments sure, but by and large another draft bust.
I'm holding out hope you're wrong, but I fear you may be right. We can't afford another first round bust. It's becoming comical at this point.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 09, 2024, 10:40:46 PMSo the 2022 draft, in which we had a 5th overall pick and a 7th overall pick, consisted of:

(1) Kayvon Thibodeaux: a decent but overall disappointing player relative to reasonable expectations.

(2) Evan Neal: an unmitigated, massive, all time draft bust of the highest order up there with Ron Dayne and Cedric Jones.

It almost feels like Schoen should be fired for the above alone. And that doesn't even begin to address the fact that he is paying the worst starting QB in the NFL $40mm a year!
Devastating. Yeah, it really creates a lot of doubt about the regime.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on September 09, 2024, 10:46:34 PMDevastating. Yeah, it really creates a lot of doubt about the regime.

I was very high on Schoen when he was hired. But at some point I have to be willing to reassess my opinions based on results.

We're in year three of the regime here. I'm willing to look past a bad week, if things turn around in Washington, but I'm not going to sit here and wait around forever for this guy to deliver improvement in year three.

jgrangers2

There are far too many games where I'm barely even noticing Thibodeaux is on the field. He's just a complete non-factor against any decent tackle.

Trench

Did you see the post game clip where the reporter asked Thibs about the pass rush?...ha asked "anyone else got a question?"....this is not going to go well this season if Daboll doesn't get the locker room under control

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Trench on September 09, 2024, 11:08:45 PMDid you see the post game clip where the reporter asked Thibs about the pass rush?...ha asked "anyone else got a question?"....this is not going to go well this season if Daboll doesn't get the locker room under control

Poor form from Thibs. He's got to do better.

https://x.com/Anthony_Rivardo/status/1833260416748949989?t=6goC3L06AhFY4XB6mvV6Fw&s=19

DaveBrown74

I get that after being humiliated to that degree on your home field, the last thing you want to do is have to answer to one of these beat guys, but too fking bad - that's your job. Deal with it.

Thibs needs to shape up. Both on the field and off. He has not earned the right to act like a diva. I don't like that from any player, but definitely not someone like him who so far has been a disappointment relative to expectations and relative to his rookie contract.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 09, 2024, 11:42:33 PMI get that after being humiliated to that degree on your home field, the last thing you want to do is have to answer to one of these beat guys, but too fking bad - that's your job. Deal with it.

Thibs needs to shape up. Both on the field and off. He has not earned the right to act like a diva. I don't like that from any player, but definitely not someone like him who so far has been a disappointment relative to expectations and relative to his rookie contract.

Another potential BUST