News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Chase Daniel- Daniel Jones play is so perplexing to me.

Started by MightyGiants, September 10, 2024, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrGap92

I don't think anyone is able to make any sense of it, to be honest

Messiah717

He's terrible and doesn't belong being a starter in the NFL.  Having the same conversations about him over and over again for years is not going to change anything. 

Gmo11

Any QB in the NFL is going to be capable of making a great throw.  The problem is he makes 1 great play and follows that up with about 20 bad ones before he gets to his next good one.

Uncle Mickey

Washington always seems to be some sort of redemption game for us.

But it is quite perplexing it really is.

kingm56

I don't get the perplexity; if anything, it's perfectly understandable.  A QB who's never excelled as a passer, at any level, is not doing so now, after demonstrating his inability over 60+ NFL games.  What's perplexing is why people continue to believe it's going to happen.

TDToomer

One more unnecessary DJ thread when there are dozens open on pages 1-2.  :boooo:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Messiah717

Quote from: TDToomer on September 10, 2024, 04:32:52 PMOne more unnecessary DJ thread when there are dozens open on pages 1-2.  :boooo:

Probably will continue until he's moved on from.  Sad to say but this team doesn't really offer much else to talk about right now. 

Ed Vette

Still whining? The great Aaron Rodgers looked rusty too after a year off. Bo Nix had the worst game in years. Welcome to the show.

If he has a repeat performance against Washington, then it's time for a move.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

The problem is that we can beat Washington  with anyone at Qb, it's one reason we are in qb hell albeit a small one.

Bob In PA

Quote from: kingm56 on September 10, 2024, 04:12:25 PMI don't get the perplexity; if anything, it's perfectly understandable.  A QB who's never excelled as a passer, at any level, is not doing so now, after demonstrating his inability over 60+ NFL games.  What's perplexing is why people continue to believe it's going to happen.

king: I think you should distinguish people who continuing to believe improvement will happen from those who refuse to give up hope that it might happen. The latter approach is IMO a viable alternative. A person has basically only two choices when bad things happen over which they have no control - make themselves miserable over it -or- make the best of it. And IMO that includes more than just "casual fans" who root for the team on a whim. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 11, 2024, 07:18:11 AMking: I think you should distinguish people who continuing to believe improvement will happen from those who refuse to give up hope that it might happen. The latter approach is IMO a viable alternative. A person has basically only two choices when bad things happen over which they have no control - make themselves miserable over it -or- make the best of it. And IMO that includes more than just "casual fans" who root for the team on a whim. Bob
The optimist speaks. But the danger, Bob, is that some improvement might blind those in the Giant bubble to believing that long term improvement will continue. It won't. So maybe crashing and burning just seals the obvious deal and is better in the long term for the team.

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on September 11, 2024, 07:32:17 AMThe optimist speaks. But the danger, Bob, is that some improvement might blind those in the Giant bubble to believing that long term improvement will continue. It won't. So maybe crashing and burning just seals the obvious deal and is better in the long term for the team.

kat: IMO if the folks in the Giant bubble were truly dumb enough (about football) to get into the current situation, I don't think there's much hope they'll be smart enough to get out of it any time soon. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: katkavage on September 11, 2024, 07:32:17 AMThe optimist speaks. But the danger, Bob, is that some improvement might blind those in the Giant bubble to believing that long term improvement will continue. It won't. So maybe crashing and burning just seals the obvious deal and is better in the long term for the team.
IMO, I believe that's what Schoen and Daboll are allowing to happen so Mara can see for himself. Now, that doesn't mean the Daboll is deliberately calling bad plays to make Jones look ineffective; he's allowing the chips to fall where they may.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

VanPelt

I think the pass to Nabers was just lucky. I don't think he really understands what he is seeing