News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants v Washington Predictions

Started by EDjohnst1981, September 13, 2024, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

This thread is perhaps a day early but I'm sat in an airport waiting to board a plane for a funeral tomorrow - so I'm bored.

So, what's your prediction for Sunday?

I think the Giants win, Jones has a very good record against them and I don't think the Washington D are that vastly improved from last year.

I think Jones has a decent game. Throwing over 220 yards, Singletary rushes for 80+ and a TD. Nabers nabs a receiving TD.

Thibs, Burns and Dex feast on their o-line and there's a defensive score. Daniels drops to 0-2.

Giants 24 Washington 17.

Edit - yes, I know predictions are meaningless and basically sticking your finger in the air. But as I said, I'm bored.

kingm56

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 13, 2024, 02:44:02 PMThis thread is perhaps a day early but I'm sat in an airport waiting to board a plane for a funeral tomorrow - so I'm bored.

So, what's your prediction for Sunday?

I think the Giants win, Jones has a very good record against them and I don't think the Washington D are that vastly improved from last year.

I think Jones has a decent game. Throwing over 220 yards, Singletary rushes for 80+ and a TD. Nabers nabs a receiving TD.

Thibs, Burns and Dex feast on their o-line and there's a defensive score. Daniels drops to 0-2.

Giants 24 Washington 17.

Edit - yes, I know predictions are meaningless and basically sticking your finger in the air. But as I said, I'm bored.

Ed, I agree with everything you stated!

MrGap92

After last week, I have no idea

I want to say Giants win, but are they going to score points?

Giants 16, Redskins 13

Gano for MVP

DaveBrown74

Ed,

First off, sorry to hear about the funeral. My condolences.

As to the game, I'm in a pool with a group of friends where you can pick any 5 games you want each week (against the spread). For context, I very rarely pick the Giants' game, for or against them. I just generally feel like Giants games are stressful enough as it is, why add another element of that to it?

Every so often though I do. This weekend is one example. I'm picking the Giants as one of my five games.

I can't really put my finger on it except to say that they were humiliated very badly, and the comments by LT I think must have resonated. That's embarrassing, and he was not out of line in saying that, even though it was obviously hyperbolic. They deserved it and they know it.

As bad as they looked, these men are professionals, and all of them worked their asses off to be in the NFL. You can't just half-ass your way through life and be on an NFL roster. They all have an element of fight in them. They have to be humiliated, and they have to be angry. They're going up against a rookie QB playing in his second game. I think the pass rush will come to life in this game, and I think Jones will find it in him to play better than what we saw.

Obviously the Commanders lost badly too, so one could argue that the above logic applies to them, but I'm pretty sure Joe Theisman, Gary Clark, and Darrell Green didn't claim they themselves could have done a better job than them today.

Moreover as horrible as we've been, we have frankly owned the Commanders. I think it continues.

Giants 21-17.

katkavage

Giants will win. If not my 5 win prediction will be in serious jeopardy. 23-16.

LennG

If the defense can rattle the rookie we win. If not a very close game. Giants usually dominate Washington but not this day.
Giants win in OT 27-24
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Let's see if there's a single prediction in this thread of Washington winning this game.

Should be interesting!

MagicRat

I have the fear about this game, I really do.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Brooklyn Dave

The Commanders defense is quite good , not elite but pretty good and it all depends how the Giant's defense can handle a
 scambling QB like Daniels.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on September 14, 2024, 06:08:01 AMThe Commanders defense is quite good , not elite but pretty good and it all depends how the Giant's defense can handle a
 scambling QB like Daniels.

Brooklyn,

To be fair, it was wiped out by the Bake Show last week. They got toasted. And we're very bad last year. Quinn is a defensive guy and should make headway with them, but if the Giants struggle here, and badly, they'll be having more flyovers and burnings 🔥 in the parking lot at Appliance Unit Stadium. (MetLife)

spiderblue43

My prediction .the Giants do not trust Jones to throw the ball deep, make deep middle shots and win like Baker did and flounder in the run game.

A game that will be close...turnovers, penalties a big factor. How can you any confidence in the Giants passing game? Jones is either unable to make throws
or willing to do so.

Gonna say Daniels is unable to do much until late in the game, which could be setting up a game winning fg.

Commanders 17
Giants 16

Hadron

Until Jones proves otherwise, I'm doubtful of the ability to win a game because of him.

Daniel Jones has 1 win, 2 TD passes and 3 pick-sixes in last two seasons.

ralphpal1

After last week I am not sure we are willing a game
But what do I know

bamagiantfan

Quote from: MagicRat on September 14, 2024, 02:25:30 AMI have the fear about this game, I really do.

Ya know, I do too. I really think this sets up as a great get-back-on-track game for the Giants but I am reluctant to predict that will happen. Some in my area down in Alabama and Georgia are talking about how great Tampa Bay was last week and how Mayfield continues to get better. My response was simply, "Its Washington...... wait a week."

If the Offense can't move (and keep) the ball against this Defense, I will be very concerned. Actually, "concerned" is probably not the word that will describe my feelings.

Giants 31. Commanders 27.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

bamagiantfan

Quote from: spiderblue43 on September 14, 2024, 08:00:10 AMMy prediction .the Giants do not trust Jones to throw the ball deep, make deep middle shots.....

...........yet the short passing game is how Jones and the Giants have been successful. How come no one wants to see success in that manner? Nabors and Wan'Dale are the type of players who can turn 4-8 yard catches into 8 to 12 yard gains. I'll take that all day. Get the ball out of Jones' hand and move the ball down the field. Get a little confidence for Christ's sake. The deep shots will then come.

To my eyes, the whole offense went south last year when they tried to push the routes 10 yards further down field. The Offensive line just didn't have what it needed to allow that. Multiple injuries to QBs resulted using those tactics. Why can't we go back to what worked with lesser receivers like James and Hodgins where moving the chains and ball security were the top priorities? Who cares how it looks?

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)