News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants v Washington Predictions

Started by EDjohnst1981, September 13, 2024, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I just did a game review of Daniels against Tampa and he struggled. He was apprehensive and the timing of the routes to his drop set was off and he missed not going to open Receivers but to the check down often. At times he held the ball too long and at times he didn't let the play develop. He ran 16 times for 88 yards on many Zone reads, but also designed Guard Tackle runs, which is flirting with disaster. They started the game with was a botched screen that became a lateral and it just went downhill from there.

Giants 27
Commanders 13
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

todge

Quote from: Hadron on September 14, 2024, 10:44:32 AMUntil Jones proves otherwise, I'm doubtful of the ability to win a game because of him.

Daniel Jones has 1 win, 2 TD passes and 3 pick-sixes in last two seasons.
I don't think you're being fair. Jones only played in six games last season. We all know his OL was horrific and overmatched against Dallas, San Fran, Buffalo and Miami.

So yes your quote is accurate but it does carry an assumption Jones played the entire year. There's only been one game this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painter

Not a prediction, but an observation. DJ had his only win- Game 2 against the Cardinals- in his 6 starts a year ago whereas the Giants subsequently won both of its games against the Commanders in its 6-win season.

Would that not suggest a rather firm view re the importance of not just the outcome of today's game, but of a 6 1/2 O/U for the season? Of course, it may not matter all that much, one way or t'other.

Cheers! 

spiderblue43

Quote from: spiderblue43 on September 14, 2024, 08:00:10 AMMy prediction .the Giants do not trust Jones to throw the ball deep, make deep middle shots and win like Baker did and flounder in the run game.

A game that will be close...turnovers, penalties a big factor. How can you any confidence in the Giants passing game? Jones is either unable to make throws
or willing to do so.

Gonna say Daniels is unable to do much until late in the game, which could be setting up a game winning fg.

Commanders 17
Giants 16

Almost hit it precisely on the head. Another season headed for a house cleaning. Run game was very good, but another bizarre loss indicative of a bad team.