News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- CFB Week 3

Started by Jclayton92, September 13, 2024, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Kind of a soft slate, any games you might be looking forward to?

I think Tulane could beat Oklahoma, South Carolina could beat LSU, and  Florida has a chance over Texas AM if Lagway plays.

DaveBrown74

Really weak slate.

Think the main theme here is chance for previously heralded teams that got beaten to redeem themselves and show the nation they're still top 10 material:

ND at Purdue

LSU at South Carolina

and arguably

Ok St at Tulsa

Tulane winning in Ok would be an enormous upset and a very embarrassing loss for the Sooners. I struggle to see that but I've seen crazier.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 13, 2024, 09:47:00 PMReally weak slate.

Think the main theme here is chance for previously heralded teams that got beaten to redeem themselves and show the nation they're still top 10 material:

ND at Purdue

LSU at South Carolina

and arguably

Ok St at Tulsa

Tulane winning in Ok would be an enormous upset and a very embarrassing loss for the Sooners. I struggle to see that but I've seen crazier.

OK struggled with Houston I think and Tulane should have beaten a ranked Kstate team.

Colorado v Colorado St should be good and I'll be watching Ole miss at Wake Forest on the CW network lol.

Also Oregon st may give Oregon fits

nicky1000

ND at Purdue

LSU at South Carolina

and arguably

Ok St at Tulsa

North Texas points and a sprinkle
on the moneyline

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 13, 2024, 10:54:27 PMOK struggled with Houston I think and Tulane should have beaten a ranked Kstate team.

Colorado v Colorado St should be good and I'll be watching Ole miss at Wake Forest on the CW network lol.

Also Oregon st may give Oregon fits

Very true about Tulane but that was a home game. Playing in Norman will be tough.

Colorado/Colorado St could be an NBA score point total lol.

DaveBrown74

Locke looks brutal for Wisco at QB. Getting great protection and can't hit open receivers. Reminds me of someone else we know last Sunday.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 13, 2024, 09:29:14 PMKind of a soft slate, any games you might be looking forward to?

I think Tulane could beat Oklahoma, South Carolina could beat LSU, and  Florida has a chance over Texas AM if Lagway plays.

For me. I really like Ewers and Beck. And because I think we will be picking a QB next year. I am going to record/watch Texas and Georgia. Unfortunately, both play an hour apart. Recording probably both and watching tonight
The KING is in the building

Painter

ND at Purdue

LSU at South Carolina

and arguably

Ok St at Tulsa

None of those matchups involve a top-5 ranked QB which is where my interest and attention is and is likely to remain all season.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Painter on September 14, 2024, 01:27:25 PMNone of those matchups involve a top-5 ranked QB which is where my interest and attention is and is likely to remain all season.

Cheers!

Depending on what you think of Jalen Milroe, this Alabama/Wisconsin game may meet the above requirement.

Jclayton92

South Carolina actually looks decent.

Florida St is a sad story

BC beating Missouri 14-3 is out there

sooners56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 13, 2024, 09:29:14 PMKind of a soft slate, any games you might be looking forward to?

I have been to both Oklahoma games. If the OU offense plays like they did in the Houston game, then Tulane had a shot. However, I fully expect OU to play very well and get an easy victory.

Jalen Milroe with another solid game for Alabama against a quality opponent. May be a QB option for the Giants.

Oregon and Oregon St could be a good game.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Jclayton92

That Marcel Reed kid is legit. The Bavkup Qb for Texas AM. He's a sophomore but will definitely be a guy to watch.

DaveBrown74

Tough loss for the Cocks. Would have vaulted them into the top 25 for sure if that kicker makes that and they win in OT.

Riley Leonard stinks. Can't throw. Not that the Giants would (or should) ever draft a QB who played at Duke again, but cross him off any lists of Jones replacements.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 14, 2024, 01:46:07 PMSouth Carolina actually looks decent.

Florida St is a sad story

BC beating Missouri 14-3 is out there

That true freshman edge rusher for South Carolina is a freak from a different planet. He is unblockable. I bet they paid him a lot of money to sign.

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on September 14, 2024, 04:57:45 PMThat true freshman edge rusher for South Carolina is a freak from a different planet. He is unblockable. I bet they paid him a lot of money to sign.
Yeah Dylan Stewart from South Carolina is a freak. Jeremiah Smith the Freshman wr at Ohio St and Ryan Williams thr Fresman WR at Alabama are phenoms too.