News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- CFB Week 3

Started by Jclayton92, September 13, 2024, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Ewers looking really good the announcers are saying that a lot of NFL teams are salivating his NFL arm
The KING is in the building

uconnjack8

How many guys did FSU lose from last year?

DaveBrown74

Arch Manning looks great again. I fully understand it's against a crappy opponent but he still pops off the screen eye test-wise.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 14, 2024, 06:08:03 PMYeah Dylan Stewart from South Carolina is a freak. Jeremiah Smith the Freshman wr at Ohio St and Ryan Williams thr Fresman WR at Alabama are phenoms too.

I forget the kids name but UGA is starting a really good true freshman at corner.

Painter

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 14, 2024, 09:26:54 PMArch Manning looks great again. I fully understand it's against a crappy opponent but he still pops off the screen eye test-wise.

You ain't kidding; 4TDs passing, and 56 yard rushing TD in just a bit more than a Half subbing for Ewers. But with a huge lead, Trey Owens is now in to finish it off.

Correction: "The most eye-catching moment from yesterday in college football: After Heisman-contending Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers left the blowout against UTSA with an oblique injury, backup Arch Manning accounted for five touchdowns, including a 67-yard run that demonstrated wheels far superior to those of his famous uncles".

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

Good battle in Kentucky right now. UGA having some issues with their defense.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 14, 2024, 10:09:10 PMGood battle in Kentucky right now. UGA having some issues with their defense.
Kentucky got smoked last week vs a mid south Carolina squad and Georgia is having issues. They have Alabama, Texas, and Ole Miss away in the next 6 games and from a pure eye test I think they lose 2 of them.

Jclayton92

As things currently stand I think the Giants would be better off waiting a year at Qb. I know this is likely going to be a hot take but there are only 3-4 guys I like in this class right now in the 1st round and I think you could get 1 of the 3 with our 2nd rd pick.

Leaves a lot to be desired
Sheddur Sanders- isn't a 1st rd qb though he'll likely get drafted there.

Carson Beck- is a game manager until he proves otherwise

Quinn Ewers- inconsistent, and his intermediate to short game leaves a lot to be desired, he also has had injuries.

I'd skip the 1st round this year on Qb getting an elite player there ie Travis hunter or Will Johnson at corner.

Then use my 2nd to either move up into the late 1st or stay in the 2nd rd and draft Dart, Ward, or Milroe let them be the brideg qb and if they hit absolutely amazing, otherwise build draft capital and the team as a whole for a year and go get the Tennessee or Nebraska kid.

Guys I'm really high on wk 3

Jaxson Dart has been phenomenal so far this year hitting every single throw short, intermediate, and the long ball. Broke the SEC record for most completions in a game, plus a ton of Elis records. Kid is averaging 300 yards a quarter so far this year. Not to mention him and Ward are 1 and 2 on QBR, PAA, and RAW in the whole country, ontop of absurd production.

Cam Ward- has consistently got better year over year, was putting up like 4,500 40 and 5 as a freshman and sophomore at incarnate word and then lit it up on a bad  WSU team. By the end of the year he's the most likely to have that Jayden daniels type jump.

Jalen Milroe- He has all the arm strength and mobility, kinda reminds me of Josh Allen, an athlete with a cannon that needs to be refined to see if there is an intermediate/short game there. He's a top of the 2nd rd Hurts/Jackson type of pick that could really hit or not hit.

Darkhorses/hidden Gems

Miller Moss- I could see him going late 3rd or 4th and being Brock Pury esq with a solid team.

Drew Allar last year there was all the hype in the world around Allar and he looked horrible in the 3 games I watched vs Michigan, Ohio St, and Ole Miss so I wrote him off but I went back to some other games and watching him this year, he has all the talent in the world, I think a lot of his issues stem from Penn St not recruiting a decent Wr in a decade. He's a guy that you could take on talent alone right now in the 4th and be excited.

Maybe it changes but right now Beck just looks like every other Georgia Qb not named Matt Stafford, Sanders can't beat anyone with a pulse while blaming his oline, and while Texas is doing really well Ewers has been good but not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination imo.

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 14, 2024, 08:27:20 PMHow many guys did FSU lose from last year?

Their top 2 Wrs, Qb, and Edge but they had a top 15 recruiting class and a huge transfer class getting rbs and wrs from Alabama and DJ the Qb from Clemson/OSU. Miami seems to be the class of a soft ACC this year.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 15, 2024, 12:03:05 AMAs things currently stand I think the Giants would be better off waiting a year at Qb. I know this is likely going to be a hot take but there are only 3-4 guys I like in this class right now in the 1st round and I think you could get 1 of the 3 with our 2nd rd pick.

Leaves a lot to be desired
Sheddur Sanders- isn't a 1st rd qb though he'll likely get drafted there.

Carson Beck- is a game manager until he proves otherwise

Quinn Ewers- inconsistent, and his intermediate to short game leaves a lot to be desired, he also has had injuries.

I'd skip the 1st round this year on Qb getting an elite player there ie Travis hunter or Will Johnson at corner.

Then use my 2nd to either move up into the late 1st or stay in the 2nd rd and draft Dart, Ward, or Milroe let them be the brideg qb and if they hit absolutely amazing, otherwise build draft capital and the team as a whole for a year and go get the Tennessee or Nebraska kid.

Guys I'm really high on wk 3

Jaxson Dart has been phenomenal so far this year hitting every single throw short, intermediate, and the long ball. Broke the SEC record for most completions in a game, plus a ton of Elis records. Kid is averaging 300 yards a quarter so far this year. Not to mention him and Ward are 1 and 2 on QBR, PAA, and RAW in the whole country, ontop of absurd production.

Cam Ward- has consistently got better year over year, was putting up like 4,500 40 and 5 as a freshman and sophomore at incarnate word and then lit it up on a bad  WSU team. By the end of the year he's the most likely to have that Jayden daniels type jump.

Jalen Milroe- He has all the arm strength and mobility, kinda reminds me of Josh Allen, an athlete with a cannon that needs to be refined to see if there is an intermediate/short game there. He's a top of the 2nd rd Hurts/Jackson type of pick that could really hit or not hit.

Darkhorses/hidden Gems

Miller Moss- I could see him going late 3rd or 4th and being Brock Pury esq with a solid team.

Drew Allar last year there was all the hype in the world around Allar and he looked horrible in the 3 games I watched vs Michigan, Ohio St, and Ole Miss so I wrote him off but I went back to some other games and watching him this year, he has all the talent in the world, I think a lot of his issues stem from Penn St not recruiting a decent Wr in a decade. He's a guy that you could take on talent alone right now in the 4th and be excited.

Maybe it changes but right now Beck just looks like every other Georgia Qb not named Matt Stafford, Sanders can't beat anyone with a pulse while blaming his oline, and while Texas is doing really well Ewers has been good but not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination imo.

Great write-up Jess. I've generally been more impressed with Shedeur this year but I didn't watch him at all yesterday.

Really liked what I saw from Milroe in a road game against a quality program. I have generally been cooler on him but I liked what he showed me yesterday.

I can't really argue on Beck. He doesn't pop off the screen at all for me.

I'm interested in keeping an eye on Allar. I know people are generally down on him but I'm not 100% convinced he's definitely a stay-away.

uconnjack8

BC in a loss made me think their for real.