News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Commanders Game Thread

Started by killarich, September 15, 2024, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londonblue

A horrible loss, 95% on the coaches IMO

Nabers will blame himself for the drop (and he should) but without him we had no shot with our incessant bending D, Singletary fumble and too many bad plays on third down.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

files58

This is what happens when you are a terrible team. I don't blame Dabol for Gano getting hurt. His getting hurt on the first play of the game is what historically happens to cellar dweller teams. Then you have two defensive holding calls on stops giving Wash. first downs. The first call was ok, the second was an egregious mistake by the ref. This team is not anywhere near good enough to overcome their own mistakes, let alone ref blown calls. Nabors may not drop another pass like that in his career, but this is what happens with bad teams. When Nabors dropped the pass, I thought of Mark Moseley. IYKYK.

Messiah717

Sad because it would've been a nice story with Jones and Nabers instead of the usual doom and gloom all week.  Hard Knocks showed how cluelessly this organization is being run.  Daboll is a disgusting beastly lowlife and this GM shouldn't run a fantasy team.

killarich

Quote from: files58 on September 15, 2024, 04:17:34 PMThis is what happens when you are a terrible team. I don't blame Dabol for Gano getting hurt. His getting hurt on the first play of the game is what historically happens to cellar dweller teams. Then you have two defensive holding calls on stops giving Wash. first downs. The first call was ok, the second was an egregious mistake by the ref. This team is not anywhere near good enough to overcome their own mistakes, let alone ref blown calls. Nabors may not drop another pass like that in his career, but this is what happens with bad teams. When Nabors dropped the pass, I thought of Mark Moseley. IYKYK.

He was hurt before the game ... inexcusable

Woody

Watched game on phone best I could.   
Thibs and Burns are useless never make a play that impacts the game
Way overrated
Gano should never kick for Giants again.
They signed him knowing he has hamstring issues for a couple of years now
Just plain dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

files58

Painter

That's 19 games in which most often they have looked like they don't really know what they are doing.  Whether it's all on Daboll and his inept QB hardly matters. It's once again a disgrace, second only to the other Jones's "Creamed for a Day" team.

Cheers! (for nada)

kartanoman

Blame Daboll on the kicker is a convenient scapegoat, though not unwarranted.

The defense had its chance to step up and was, at best, bend but don't break.

The offense ultimately put undue pressure on the other two teams with the Singletary fumble, which would have put the offense in position to extend its lead, and Nabers' drop, which would have extended the drive for what might have been the winning points for the Giants. The game was close enough that those two plays, regardless of the defense tiring out, and going kickerless all game, ended up being the difference.

Now it's off to the Mistake by the Lake where things will only get more difficult.

The Giants will have a kicker next week. We'll see if they activate their Irish kicker from Rutgers or if they look for a more experienced guy on the waiver wire. Does it really matter at this point?

0-2 to start this season is a scary foreboding of even scarier things to come.

For those suggesting the season being finished in October, it effectively ended today. How long before it turns into 2021 is anyone's guess.

Ugh!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Woody

Defense is not good.   D backs are horrible and d line is not good either,
I don't care about the great red zone defense , stop them at mid field once and a while

Woody

Lack of talent is glaring and may cost Schoen his job

H-Town G-Fan

At the end of the season, this would have been a meaningless win that could ruin draft position.

Stringer Bell

The good news is we could now be on our way to 0-8. This could lead to the coaching housecleaning needed, but also could help us preserve assets.

Not only is having our pick of the QB litter key, but not having to trade any picks to land that guy would be huge, as well.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 15, 2024, 04:43:50 PMThe good news is we could now be on our way to 0-8. This could lead to the coaching housecleaning needed, but also could help us preserve assets.

Not only is having our pick of the QB litter key, but not having to trade any picks to land that guy would be huge, as well.

OK so we will pick a QB next season.SWe have so many othere  holes that we will not be able to fill them with our first round pick as it will be a QB who will need time to develop.

AYM

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 15, 2024, 04:43:50 PMThe good news is we could now be on our way to 0-8. This could lead to the coaching housecleaning needed, but also could help us preserve assets.

Give up on the #1 overall pick. Carolina is going to go 0-17.

Painter

I don't disagree although I'd have to say that a term like "housecleaning" has little if any of the meaning implied considering that it would involve adding a 5th HC in less than the 9 years since they decided they could do better without Tom Coughlin. Again, that's not to say I think we have been fooled by Daboll's 1st season COTY than we otherwise might have by McAdoo's quite similar head fake. It seems more like the Giants are again giving credence to the idea that NFL is an abbreviation of NOT FOR LONG.

As I do not expect the Maras et al to fire to Joe Schoen, the question becomes will Schoen fire Daboll with or without orders from above?

Cheers!