News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Commanders Game Thread

Started by killarich, September 15, 2024, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

I don't like what I'm seeing from the defense but I'm going to hold out longer than 1.5 games before I feel any sort of way. Spags first 2 games were pretty bad as I recall...

Trench

Well one of my preseason "barometers" for Jones early in season was - does he show an ability to march down the field at end of the half and score!...here is the chance

killarich

Quote from: TDToomer on September 15, 2024, 02:13:44 PMWell Burns just made a big stop to force a FG attempt

Which is great ... but he's supposed to be the star of the defense.... he needs to be someone we see on a consistent basis

its only 1.5 games in right now ... so I'm not fully judging him yet... but I am slightly (probably not worthy) worries

kingm56

Without a FG kicker, it doesn't make any sense to play conservative.  I hope they let DJ throw it around before the half.

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on September 15, 2024, 02:16:06 PMWithout a FG kicker, it doesn't make any sense to play conservative.  I hope they let DJ throw it around before the half.

This is true ... if the defense was shutting them down I may think otherwise ...

But we literally need to be within the 10 yard line to have a decent shot at converting FGs

We need TD's just let Jones sling it.... hopefully not for the worse ...but we have nothing to lose

Trench

How the f*** do u call a delay draw handoff on 1st play inside 2 minutes

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 15, 2024, 02:17:49 PMThis is true ... if the defense was shutting them down I may think otherwise ...

But we literally need to be within the 10 yard line to have a decent shot at converting FGs

We need TD's just let Jones sling it.... hopefully not for the worse ...but we have nothing to lose

Plus, I just can't take a conservative approach anymore.  I'd like the giant games to be somewhat exciting. 

Trench

killarich

Singleterry is having a good game ... but his jukes are questionable

Trench

Daboll needed to call timeout after the WanDale catch

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on September 15, 2024, 02:19:00 PMPlus, I just can't take a conservative approach anymore.  I'd like the giant games to be somewhat exciting.

I agree... if we lose .. I rather lose knowing Jones threw picks throwing deep 40 yards vs those dunker pick 6's

killarich

We need a TD here ... with no Gano TDs are crucial

kingm56

Quote from: Trench on September 15, 2024, 02:19:22 PMJeez he overthrew Nabers by 15 yards

He was opened too, Trench.  Getting a little rhythm now, but I think Wash is giving it to them because they know the Giants can't kick a FG.

killarich

katkavage