News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Commanders Game Thread

Started by killarich, September 15, 2024, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on September 15, 2024, 02:53:52 PMWash is clearly just trying to keep it close.  They know they have a massive advantage with our Giants without a FG kicker.

Why that fumble on the last drive hurts

H-Town G-Fan

I know it is maddening to get torched on the ground and 3rd down... but this seems to be precisely what a bend-don't-break defense looks like. Lots of yardage between the 20s then clamp down. No TDs for Wash yet. If the Giants were settling for FGs like Wash is today this people would be complaining...

MagicRat

Why don't we just take a knee on our own kick offs then play D from there?
Smell my cheese you mother!

bighitterdalama

Cade York missed two field goals last week for Washington. He was released this week. Seibert is now 4 for 4. We had an injured Gano who's health issues at this point are quite questionable. Instead of bringing in a second kicker, the Giants elevate Toman Fox. Nice move.

TDToomer

So here's something cool. The bar where I am watching the game, Christopher's Tavern im Springfield named an appetizer after DE Benton Whitley. He grew up in Springfield and his dad is a regular. My waitress said her kids wrestled against him in HS.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 15, 2024, 02:54:51 PMWhy that fumble on the last drive hurts

Yep.  A tie game benefits Wash, as the Giants struggle to score TDs.  Wash does have a bottom 5 or 3 def though.  You can run on them.

killarich

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 15, 2024, 02:54:57 PMI know it is maddening to get torched on the ground and 3rd down... but this seems to be precisely what a bend-don't-break defense looks like. Lots of yardage between the 20s then clamp down. No TDs for Wash yet. If the Giants were settling for FGs like Wash is today this people would be complaining...

Difference is

We settle for FGs due to terrible offense

They are settling because they are getting deep in our redzone at will ...then we clampdown or get lucky with a penalty

I don't mind Bend don't break.... but not if we are bending every single time we are on defense

killarich

Jones that was bad.... damn you really cant throw the soft ball

Trench

Nabers wide open there Daniel!...triple coverage again

bighitterdalama

nobody on Nabers on that 2nd down throw

DaveBrown74

Nabers not happy he didn't get the ball wide open in the flat there. I don't blame him. Jones totally force that one.

killarich

Jones had Nabers wide open on that force to Robinson

kingm56

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 15, 2024, 02:54:57 PMI know it is maddening to get torched on the ground and 3rd down... but this seems to be precisely what a bend-don't-break defense looks like. Lots of yardage between the 20s then clamp down. No TDs for Wash yet. If the Giants were settling for FGs like Wash is today this people would be complaining...

I was going to post something similar, H. BL: The giants are on pace to give up less than 20 points, which is a good days work. 

killarich

Now when the offense has a bad drive like this... is when the defense cant go out and "Bend"

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 15, 2024, 02:57:30 PMNabers not happy he didn't get the ball wide open in the flat there. I don't blame him. Jones totally force that one.

Jones locked on his receiver again