News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll needs to be fired right now

Started by JT39, September 15, 2024, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

If Dabo gets fired this season for sure we need to at least keep the offensive line coaching place we need consistency with our players and I do see improvement on the line

I'm gonna say this again we really fucked up by not getting Jim Harbaugh when we had the chance.
The KING is in the building

spiderblue43

I think the Waiting for Gano scenario screw-up again is a fireable offense. That's two losses directly attributed to him IMO.

Have lost patience with his "check the tape...clean things up..blame falls on me" excuses. He is failing with Schoen and its painfully obvious now. The team, at some point, is going to check out. You can say their pros, no one does that, teams also evaluate, but we've seen it happen before.

And the schedule becomes really daunting. Carolina in Germany? Who knows with this mess of a team

madbadger

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on September 15, 2024, 05:06:41 PMAgree, this loss is on Daboll. He is not going to be fired though. If Cano was perfectly healthy and then got hurt I would understand . But Cano was hurting during the week >

His initial injury this week was a groin injury. The injury that knocked him out of the game was his hamstring. At some point you have to trust your athlete when he tells you I'm good to go. If Gano wasn't that's on him.

Trench

Why did Daboll not use every roster spot today?...that in of itself reeks of incompetence

HondurasGiants

Just heard Nabers say that Daboll was asking him (mid-game) what plays he wanted to be called...

Nice and all but...really?  Asking a rookie?  Mid-game? 

This guy is in over his head...been saying this since last year...insecure on ALL fronts...now even play-calling

The kicker fiasco is his latest blunder...

https://x.com/snygiants/status/1835455787755278708?s=46

Trench

Quote from: HondurasGiants on September 15, 2024, 07:46:15 PMJust heard Nabers say that Daboll was asking him (mid-game) what plays he wanted to be called...

This guy is in over his head...been saying this since last year...insecure on ALL fronts...now even play-calling

The definition of incompetence. Imagine the coach had to ask the rookie what play to run?...Daboll is so bad it isn't even funny. The unraveling has begun.

Bellichick 2025

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 15, 2024, 07:53:15 PMThe definition of incompetence. Imagine the coach had to ask the rookie what play to run?...Daboll is so bad it isn't even funny. The unraveling has begun.

Bellichick 2025
How is that any different than asking the QB what plays he's most comfortable running and executing? Watching plays from the sideline is much different than being on the field.

I don't see anything wrong with picking the star receiver's head. If he sees how the defenses are playing him or if he was open on a particular play or route, why not share that with your coach?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

spiderblue43

Coaching malpractice Bobby called it...I concur. And lets not forget Gunner's non-replacement saga LW.

Awful defensive strategy all game, too.
Sorry, but to allow the lousy Coms not to punt...all game..is pathetic.

It's a mess of a team..dysfunctional and dumb. This really hits rock bottom already...cringe worthy stuff.

:boooo:  :what:  :doh:

coggs

Quote from: HondurasGiants on September 15, 2024, 07:46:15 PMJust heard Nabers say that Daboll was asking him (mid-game) what plays he wanted to be called...

I think this being taken out of context.  Coaches are constantly asking players what they see the opponent doing and what they think is working/not working.  Would not be surprised if Daboll simply asked Nabers for which plays they seem to be covering/not covering.  I wouldnt read too much into it.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on September 15, 2024, 08:02:41 PMHow is that any different than asking the QB what plays he's most comfortable running and executing? Watching plays from the sideline is much different than being on the field.

I don't see anything wrong with picking the star receiver's head. If he sees how the defenses are playing him or if he was open on a particular play or route, why not share that with your coach?

I agree.  There are lots of reasons to criticize Daboll, but this isn't one.  Nabers knows on which plays he is getting open.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: T200 on September 15, 2024, 08:02:41 PMHow is that any different than asking the QB what plays he's most comfortable running and executing? Watching plays from the sideline is much different than being on the field.

We can agree to disagree.

I can't ever imagine Parcells or Coughlin going to a rookie and asking him what play to run. Now I understand why we aren't throwing to the TE. Daboll hasn't even thought about it. But I promise we will read here down the road how Bellinger stinks or has taken a step back

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 15, 2024, 08:13:58 PMWe can agree to disagree.

I can't ever imagine Parcells or Coughlin going to a rookie and asking him what play to run. Now I understand why we aren't throwing to the TE. Daboll hasn't even thought about it. But I promise we will read here down the road how Bellinger stinks or has taken a step back
You don't think TC asked Eli about plays??? I'm almost certain he did.

Would Bellinger have made a difference in the game? Whose hands would you rather have the ball in - Nabers or Bellinger? And just like last week, Daboll STILL isn't throwing passes. We don't know which receiver was the primary read and what Jones saw when looking his way.

Next week Daboll is gonna get blamed for global warming.  :crazy:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: T200 on September 15, 2024, 08:17:55 PMYou don't think TC asked Eli about plays??? I'm almost certain he did.

Would Bellinger have made a difference in the game? Whose hands would you rather have the ball in - Nabers or Bellinger? And just like last week, Daboll STILL isn't throwing passes. We don't know which receiver was the primary read and what Jones saw when looking his way.

And I bet if the Giants won it would be heralded as a great move for Daboll to see what his best offensive player wanted to do in a close game. Losing effort? He's a hack.

Trench

Quote from: T200 on September 15, 2024, 08:17:55 PMYou don't think TC asked Eli about plays??? I'm almost certain he did.

Very BIG difference asking the QB about a play vs a WR who is a ROOKIE.

I said numerous times today the middle was open. Easy throw and catch. Daboll doesn't see this? Try to rookie TE then. What about Hyatt?...Nabers is a stud. Maybe will be our best ever. But sometimes in sports when u go to the well too much, it can have a reverse effect. We saw that today. I'm certain he was tired and he had a concentration lapse. One of the reporters asked Daboll if he was ok with 18 targets and he said sure it's ok. Had Daboll went to others maybe it softens everything up. I don't blame the kid. I blame the coach. Everyone and their mother knew where every ball was going. Sometimes even the best players can have a hiccup. That's what I'm saying. Daboll owns this

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 15, 2024, 08:24:54 PMVery BIG difference asking the QB about a play vs a WR who is a ROOKIE.

I said numerous times today the middle was open. Easy throw and catch. Daboll doesn't see this? Try to rookie TE then. What about Hyatt?...Nabers is a stud. Maybe will be our best ever. But sometimes in sports when u go to the well too much, it can have a reverse effect. We saw that today. I'm certain he was tired and he had a concentration lapse. One of the reporters asked Daboll if he was ok with 18 targets and he said sure it's ok. Had Daboll went to others maybe it softens everything up. I don't blame the kid. I blame the coach. Everyone and their mother knew where every ball was going. Sometimes even the best players can have a hiccup. That's what I'm saying. Daboll owns this
I get it... you're not happy with anything Daboll does. You're ready for him to be unemployed by the Giants.

But you did say "rookie" and I gave an example of a rookie who was likely consulted by his coach on plays during a game. Now you're changing it to "rookie WR".

It's all good. As you said, we'll agree to disagree.

I still support Daboll and don't think he should be fired... yet.