News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones - 16/28 178 Yards 2 TD - 0 Int 100 RTG

Started by sxdxca38, September 15, 2024, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

with 5 carries for an additional 32 yards, I thought he played a good game.

And, Malik Nabers 10 rec 127 yards 1 TD.

These guys have a good connection going on, and outside of the one dropped pass, Nabers was solid.

If Singletary doesn't fumble the ball, the Giants may be 1-1 right now.

Curious your thoughts?

PSUBeirut

Against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, I was unimpressed.  He had lots of time and was mostly meh.  Nabers got an absolutely ridiculous target share, which I doubt with a better defense backfield would be a workable plan moving forward.  We really need to work the middle the field more with the TE, IMO.

kingm56

It's an average performance against a bottom 3 defense, which was completely predictable.  It doesn't change his or the Giants trajectory.

Nabers is the real deal.  I'm glad he's a Giant.

JT39

Jones played really well today. Always played from behind. And got no help from his defense at all.

We have one legit WR and a reliable one in Robinson. Slayton and Hyatt are awful.

Jclayton92

When a 178 yards become something to post about we've sunken to a new low of grasping straws.

katkavage

Jones will tease you with capable performances against bad defenses. If you think that will take you any place beyond mediocrity, you better get used to continual depressing football. The rookie matched him, maybe surpassed him.

DaveBrown74

I would say today is a good example of what a high quality game by Daniel Jones' standards looks like.

Trench

He did ok but he still isn't seeing the field well. Didn't use his TE (middle of field was wide open all day).

His passes were not overly crisp as many floated without a good spiral. His deep passes were terrible. He definitely missed Nabers for a huge gin when he threw into double coverage.

He played very well but let's not make it more than it was.

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 15, 2024, 07:40:40 PMI would say today is a good example of what a high quality game by Daniel Jones' standards looks like.

I would agree with this statement, seems reasonable and balanced

kingm56

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 15, 2024, 07:43:06 PMI would agree with this statement, seems reasonable and balanced

I don't think you understand Jeff's post.

The bar is so low, the pedestrian numbers put up today appear to be a high quality game.  For other QBs, it's an average performance. 

Is that what you're tracking?

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 15, 2024, 07:36:04 PMWhen a 178 yards become something to post about we've sunken to a new low of grasping straws.

Especially when this was a very clean game from the OL. The bar for QB play has fallen so far. Still can't do much beyond 10 yards--only 3 passes made beyond that mark with some bad misses (two deep balls weren't even in the WR's zip code). Still dinking-and-dunking the way to losses. Mistake-free, functional QB play... which won't result in sustained success.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 15, 2024, 07:36:04 PMWhen a 178 yards become something to post about we've sunken to a new low of grasping straws.

Let's not forget the 32 rushing yards, which is a part of his game, and brings the total to 210 total yards.

sxdxca38

Quote from: kingm56 on September 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PMI don't think you understand Jeff's post.

This wasn't called for, as I fully understand what he was saying.

I haven't done that to you, so please don't do that to me.

kingm56

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 15, 2024, 07:45:46 PMThis wasn't called for, as I fully understand what he was saying.

I haven't done that to you, so please don't do that to me.

I wasn't being flippant; I honestly believe you misunderstood his post, unless you've flipped your position regarding DJ.

To be clear, you think it was an average performance?

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 15, 2024, 07:44:49 PMLet's not forget the 32 rushing yards, which is a part of his game, and brings the total to 210 total yards.
That is still absolutely nothing. Derek Carr had 222 yards at half time and makes less than Jones.