News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones - 16/28 178 Yards 2 TD - 0 Int 100 RTG

Started by sxdxca38, September 15, 2024, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: kingm56 on September 16, 2024, 08:34:33 AMTwo deep safeties is how the entire league is playing this seasons. Teams without a viable TE to work the seems will struggle to produce a lot of yards.  Teams are going to need to run to force those safeties up.

Speaking of TEs, do we even have one?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AMA QB that gives actual wins, not a chance at them.

He did an OK job at managing the game, minus a few overthrows that should have been easy completes.

But everything else around him on offense isn't always going to go as well, and they were playing a lesser opponent, when those things are not the case, we are back to terrible play from him.

QBs dont win games. Teams do.

Like I said, he gave us a position to win, thats all you can ask a QB to do. If we got anything from our defense, or if our two best skilled guy didnt make a mistake - we most likely win.

JT39

Quote from: LennG on September 16, 2024, 09:56:11 AMAgainst maybe the weakest defense after ours, Jones didn't screw up.
Teams will soon notice all he does is look for Nabors and take that away as much as possible, then what?

Hopefully guys like Wan'Dale, Slayton, and Hyatt can get open and make plays. I am not saying Jones is good or the answer. Not in the slightest.

But yesterday he played well - and should have won the game. If we can blame him for a lot of our losses when he was a QB - we can credit him for when he played well enough for us to win.

Gman329

Reason we lost yesterday was the D giving up 215 yards on the ground on 35 carries - over 6 yards a crack!  That and out kicker getting hurt. 

To overcome those two factors, the Offense, which wasn't terrible, would have had to be mistake free - no fumble, no dropped pass in the final minutes and DJ hitting at least one of those deep balls.

Unfortunately, the Offense wasn't quite good enough to overcome the terrible Defense, that couldn't get off the field. (some of those 3rd and longs were killers!!!!)

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on September 16, 2024, 10:16:51 AMHopefully guys like Wan'Dale, Slayton, and Hyatt can get open and make plays. I am not saying Jones is good or the answer. Not in the slightest.

But yesterday he played well - and should have won the game. If we can blame him for a lot of our losses when he was a QB - we can credit him for when he played well enough for us to win.

So QB is the same thing as a player on the bottom of a roster that plays just Special Teams? PLaying well enough to win would have been passing for like 300 yards on 3 TDs and converting 2 pt conversions when your team needed you.

THe dude is making 40 mil a year and that is big money and QBs like D Carr have like 300 yards before a 1/2 sometimes. Jones played well sure. If his ceiling is just to be able to do one read ; throw to a guy who looks like a stud WR against a crap defense; then big deal man. That is like being valedictorian at summer school.

MrGap92

Quote from: JT39 on September 16, 2024, 10:15:25 AMQBs dont win games. Teams do.

Like I said, he gave us a position to win, thats all you can ask a QB to do. If we got anything from our defense, or if our two best skilled guy didnt make a mistake - we most likely win.

QBs don't win games, lol got it

JT39

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 16, 2024, 10:35:55 AMQBs don't win games, lol got it

They don't. It's never once happened it the history of the sport.

MrGap92

If you say so

In my opinion you could not be any more wrong, but respectfully, to each their own.

JT39

Quote from: Fletch on September 16, 2024, 10:27:46 AMSo QB is the same thing as a player on the bottom of a roster that plays just Special Teams? PLaying well enough to win would have been passing for like 300 yards on 3 TDs and converting 2 pt conversions when your team needed you.

THe dude is making 40 mil a year and that is big money and QBs like D Carr have like 300 yards before a 1/2 sometimes. Jones played well sure. If his ceiling is just to be able to do one read ; throw to a guy who looks like a stud WR against a crap defense; then big deal man. That is like being valedictorian at summer school.

Just a reminder you have said Mike Glennon is a better Qb than Joe Burrow, so please dont take offense your opinion on QB play has little to no meaning to me.

JT39

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 16, 2024, 10:41:09 AMIf you say so

In my opinion you could not be any more wrong, but respectfully, to each their own.

If you like to provide examples of a QB winning a game entirely by themselves, I would be more than open to see.

Until then, its pretty much assumed a team wins games, not a single player.

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on September 16, 2024, 10:43:12 AMIf you like to provide examples of a QB winning a game entirely by themselves, I would be more than open to see.

The entire NFL disagrees with you.  QBs on recent deals account for 20% of their teams aggregate cap. DJ accounts for nearly 19% of our cap.  QBs don't win games by themselves; however, on average, they are the single biggest reason teams win or loose.  There is no more important position in team sports than the QB; hence the salaries.  I can't help but notice the DJ is ascending crowd is trying to convince everyone the QB is just one of 22 players...that's simply not true.

sxdxca38

Quote from: JT39 on September 16, 2024, 10:43:12 AMIf you like to provide examples of a QB winning a game entirely by themselves, I would be more than open to see.

I agree with you.

DJ was not responsible for the Giants giving up over 215 rushing yards on defense.

He was not responsible for Singletary fumbling the football.

He was not responsible for Slayton dropping a two-point conversion right in his hands

He was not responsible for Nabers dropping a 4th and 5 pass that hit him right in the hands, and more than likely cost them the game.

A balanced and reasonable view should show that this is a team game.

JT39

Quote from: kingm56 on September 16, 2024, 11:07:55 AMThe entire NFL disagrees with you.  QBs on recent deals account for 20% of their teams aggregate cap. DJ accounts for nearly 19% of our cap.  QBs don't win games by themselves; however, on average, they are the single biggest reason teams win or loose.  There is no more important position in team sports than the QB; hence the salaries.  I can't help but notice the DJ is ascending crowd is trying to convince everyone the QB is just one of 22 players...that's simply not true.

Thats not what I asked. Nor what I said. Please dont try to twist my argument. It takes an entire team to win a game. No singular player has ever won a game by themselves.

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on September 16, 2024, 10:42:21 AMJust a reminder you have said Mike Glennon is a better Qb than Joe Burrow, so please dont take offense your opinion on QB play has little to no meaning to me.

I said what???? And way to go, insult a poster and not even answer the question.  I didn't give an opinion  I asked you a question.