News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

0-16

Started by LennG, September 15, 2024, 09:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Call me a traitor
Call me a rat
Call me a deserter
Call me whatever you like
But from now on I am rooting for the Giants to lose every game for the rest of this season.
I have rooted for this team for over 70 years and have never actually rooted for them to lose
 At times I have not cared if they won but now
We aren't going anywhere
I don't want some wins in meaningless games to once again ruin our chances at a real QB. We did this last year and it cost us dearly by winning meaningless games.
This team needs a big change and if losing every game will accomplish that so be it.
I hope we lose every game, clean house because Daboll Isn't the answer either.
My good friend JimV will roll over in his grave if he was reading this but I have to do what I believe is right for the future. We need the #1 draft pick.
Sorry guys.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

H-Town G-Fan

ralphpal1

Do we want number 1 or 2 or 3 rd pick
Do you trust them making the correct decision
If they have the 3rd pick they have no choice but to take the only qb left on the board

T200

We gotta win at least one. I don't want to be included in the group of winless teams.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Messiah717

You know in politics when they say are you better off than four years ago?  This is how I think of the Giants.  When you look at the current state of the franchise are they better off than five or six years ago?  I mean where exactly is the glimmer of hope?  Janet's looks like the real deal.  That's great but we also said that with Odell and Barkley. 

LennG

Quote from: T200 on September 15, 2024, 09:56:31 PMWe gotta win at least one. I don't want to be included in the group of winless teams.

Ok Tim 1-16 but only if the win is over Dallas and it doesn't lose us the number 1 pick.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

expatriot

The Gmen have a legit shot at 0-17 or 1-16.  They will just screw up the pick anyway.

T200

Quote from: LennG on September 15, 2024, 10:16:19 PMOk Tim 1-16 but only if the win is over Dallas and it doesn't lose us the number 1 pick.
It's a deal!  :Chestram:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

They blew it last year with Devitos linsanity run. As much fun as it was watching a kid who had no business on an NFL field somehow win 3 games. But that's why Daniels was wearing red/yellow on Sunday and not Blue.

I can't root for them to lose on game day. It's not in me. But I do appreciate it's for the best if they do.

londonblue

Yesterday was frustrating as there were good things (OL protection and running game, Jones/Nabers trust, Dru Phillips) but more bad things including the coaching (and pre-game personnel decisions) in all three phases at different points plus the usual suspects (Flott, every DT not called Dex, the invisible Edge rushers).

Talent wise I think the level is there to win games when Jones is functional but we do not have a big margin for error so cannot make mistakes with play-calling or individually (Singletary fumble, key penalties). Nor can we regularly survive getting stiffed by the officials like on that BS holding call on Phillips on a critical down.

We will win games. Probably a couple too many for our draft position though I am not sure our QB answer is coming in the next draft vs free agency or 2026 to be honest.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

coggs

They are going to win 3-4 games by accident.  I don't see them finishing worse than Carolina.  So, thinking best they get is the 2nd pick.

katkavage

Quote from: coggs on September 16, 2024, 07:09:22 AMThey are going to win 3-4 games by accident.  I don't see them finishing worse than Carolina.  So, thinking best they get is the 2nd pick.
I agree. My pick was 5 wins. The good news is that there will not be the run on QBs this year as there was last year. The Raiders are in the hunt, but will win more than a few games. Will Carolina abandon Young after two years?

EDjohnst1981

I genuinely thought they would win last week and yesterday.

I'm not sure what to think moving forward.

MagicRat

So we have the first-overall-bowl in Germany in November then?
Smell my cheese you mother!

Gman329

I agree with Coggs that the Giants will luck/bumble their way to a few wins along the way, and Carolina will be tough to "beat" for first pick.  After signing a free agent QB AND drafting one in the first round last spring, and having a very weak roster, Carolina absolutely should trade down for a boatload of picks.....likely to a QB needy team.

Then again, Tepper gonna Tepper.  God knows what they'll do.