News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants way is not to bench Jones to off-set injury guarantee

Started by Fletch, September 16, 2024, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 16, 2024, 11:58:07 AMIf the Giants were to bench Jones now, they would get in trouble with the NFLPA
Is Carolina getting in trouble for benching Young?  This is ridiculous, they have lost 2 games.  He looked terrible in 1 and the other his best aspect was "not fucking up" too bad.  If they bench him, nobody would bat an eye. 

TDToomer

Quote from: coggs on September 17, 2024, 07:27:44 AMIs Carolina getting in trouble for benching Young?  This is ridiculous, they have lost 2 games.  He looked terrible in 1 and the other his best aspect was "not fucking up" too bad.  If they bench him, nobody would bat an eye. 

Different situation. Young is in year 2 of a rookie deal and will still be guaranteed his 4 year contract whether he gets hurt or not. Jones has an injury guarantee for beyond this season if I am reading this thread correctly.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TDToomer

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on September 16, 2024, 11:16:23 PMI would like to ask an Eagle fan if he is happy that Barkley just dropped a pass

Dumpster Dan

Philthy fans will boo him every time he touches the ball now and are probably screaming for his head on the local sports radio. That is how their trashy fans treat their own players.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

babywhales

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on September 16, 2024, 01:39:49 PMPardon me guys  but I find this thread TODAY a little out of sync

DJ wasnt the cause of the loss yesterday

Dumpster Dan

Correct, he just stinks.... 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Painter

Excuse me, I mistook this thread to involve an assertion about whether and/or when Mara would decide it was okay to sit Jones and so eliminate the need to pay the $23 million injury guarantee of his $30 million 2025 salary. Moreover, 12 million of that 30 million becomes fully guaranteed if he's still on the Roster next Marrch.

So your options are:

. Do nothing and pay him another $30 million next year while negotiating a further extension.
. Continue to play him while planning to Draft his successor without concern for injury
  guarantee.
. Sit him as soon as there is little to be gained otherwise and thus end the risk of
  triggering the 23 million injury guarantee for next season.
. Finally, assuming that he will not be on the Roster next year, they could owe him zero with
  a net gain of $30 million less the cost of a 1st Round replacement.

Cheers!

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on September 17, 2024, 05:52:55 AMBarkley is a losing football player.

Always was, always will be. Best thing that team ever did was let him walk...

Yes he's a loser and and always will be and amen? Says who? You?

I should save this post and discredit your future posts with it like you do mine. Not to mention you put words in my mouth;   were made under the emotion of a game day thread. And so long ago I completely forgot.

What a ridiculous take and , will be laughable when he's hoisting a Lombardi over his head ; maybe soon. He won't be the reason why they didn't get one.

T200

Quote from: Fletch on September 17, 2024, 01:12:48 PMYes he's a loser and and always will be and amen? Says who? You?

I should save this post and discredit your future posts with it like you do mine. Not to mention you put words in my mouth;   were made under the emotion of a game day thread. And so long ago I completely forgot.

What a ridiculous take and , will be laughable when he's hoisting a Lombardi over his head ; maybe soon. He won't be the reason why they didn't get one.
@Fletch I said to let it go. There won't be a third time.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

QBR leaders through week 2

1. Derek Carr 37 million a year
2. Kyler Murray 46 million
3. Josh Allen 43 million
4. Sam Darnold 10 million
5. Geno Smith 25 million
6. Baker Mayfield 33 million
11. Jacoby Brissett 8 million
24. Daniel Jones 40 million

All of these guys have been compared to Jones on this forum at one point. Some of these guys make a 1/4th or half of what Jones is making.