News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Redskins are in 1st place

Started by ralphpal1, September 16, 2024, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2024, 10:25:18 AMI can envision wonderful over the middle throwsnto both Bellinger and Theo. It's frustrating as hell they won't even "attempt" it
With a new offensive line, Jones is in "PTSD rehab" to gain trust in his line. It's going to take a few more games of solid protection for him to get comfortable.

Week 1 had him running into sacks because he didn't think the pocket was going to hold. Week 2 he did much better in not looking to cut and run.

Bricillo and his boys are, so far, showing promise and delivering what we expected. Let's pray for continued progress and good health.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2024, 10:25:18 AMI can envision wonderful over the middle throwsnto both Bellinger and Theo. It's frustrating as hell they won't even "attempt" it
Keep in mind that there are a series of reads that take place and if the TE did run a seam, he would need to be at least the second read. The most snaps to a TE has been Theo and he had just 4 targets out of 58 Passing Routes. What's most disturbing is how little they have used Bellinger.

Theo= 105 Snaps, 58 Pass, 20 PB, 27 RB. PFF Receiving Grade-45.1, 1 Reception.
Manhertz- 46/5/15/26  PFF-50.5, 0 Receptions
Bellinger- 20/11/1/8, 1 Reception.

I would have to assume the TE's weren't Open, and Theo was used to block vs Route about 50/50. Manhertz mostly Blocks. 

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

I obviously have no idea if they were open. I wish skinner or someone with all 22 could tell us. I just find it odd we don't utilize the TE when the middle of field looks bare during replays is all. The good offenses use the TE. Teams will double Nabers

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2024, 11:22:39 AMI obviously have no idea if they were open. I wish skinner or someone with all 22 could tell us. I just find it odd we don't utilize the TE when the middle of field looks bare during replays is all. The good offenses use the TE. Teams will double Nabers
It's a good point, and we have to guess the Read progressions because they are different with every play. It's quite apparent that TEs are not a big part of this Offense in the Receiving Game. At least for now, until it's established that the O-Line can take the next step and Block with Five. As you said, attacking the middle of the field is very important to an Offense. Although I would be happy to see them hit Hyatt on a few Go Routes and Posts, instead of the Comebacks, Crossers, Slants, and Sticks. They are killing this kid's career and may be better off trading him.   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2024, 09:31:04 AMWhat happened to giving the Defense a few games to work out the kinks? In 2007 the Giants gave up 80 points after the first two games. I'm not saying that there will be comparable seasons, but to jump like Rats leaving a sinking ship after two games is extreme to me. I'm not targeting you, it just seems like the entire Giants Nation is ready to fire Daboll and his staff, after it was accepted that the team was at least a year away.

Perspective...

Now ask me again after they lose in Cleveland...
With the exception of 2022, over the last 6-to-8 years, fans use the 2007 Giants as an example to keep the faith. I continue to be mystified by that example.  The 07 Giants' roster consisted of 2 current, or future HoF, 4 Ring of Honor, and a slew of former Pro Bowl players. The expectations for that team were high, which made their auspicious start frustrating.  The Giants roster over the last decade is completely voided of that level of talent, most importantly at the QB position. Thus, they're routinely predicted to win 5-to-7 wins.  Dex and Thomas are very good, but that's it.  In short, we are not the 07 Giants...the team will lose more games than they win.  This paradigm will continue until we acquire more talent at key positions; again, most notably, at the QB position.  The worst thing that can happen to our Giants is to win 6 or 7 meaningless games and once again find ourselves outside the range to draft a QB.  I am completely ok with struggling this year, if it means a possibility of a brighter future. What I don't want is more of the same....

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on September 17, 2024, 11:54:57 AMWith the exception of 2022, over the last 6-to-8 years, fans use the 2007 Giants as an example to keep the faith. I continue to be mystified by that example.  The 07 Giants' roster consisted of 2 current, or future HoF, 4 Ring of Honor, and a slew of former Pro Bowl players. The expectations for that team were high, which made their auspicious start frustrating.  The Giants roster over the last decade is completely voided of that level of talent, most importantly at the QB position.  Dex and Thomas are very good, but that's it.  In short, we are not the 07 Giants...the team will lose more games than they win.  This paradigm will continue until we acquire more talent at key positions; again, most notably, at the QB position.  The worst thing that can happen to our Giants is to win 6 or 7 meaningless games and once again find ourselves outside the range to draft a QB.  I am completely ok with struggling this year, if it means a possibility of a brighter future. What I don't want is more of the same....

They sure didn't play like future HoF, 4 Ring of Honor, and a slew of former Pro Bowlers in those first two games. The point isn't about hope. The point was that new defensive programs may need some time for them to work out the kinks as I said. Especially when it uses Zone Cover Two as the base Defense. You guys complain when someone twists the words of a poster to attack or validate a point or their agenda, but then employ the same tactics yourselves. Who knows if they will fine-tune this thing, but score more points and you won't lose games where the Opponent scores just 21 points. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on September 17, 2024, 10:28:50 AMWith a new offensive line, Jones is in "PTSD rehab" to gain trust in his line. It's going to take a few more games of solid protection for him to get comfortable.

Week 1 had him running into sacks because he didn't think the pocket was going to hold. Week 2 he did much better in not looking to cut and run.

Bricillo and his boys are, so far, showing promise and delivering what we expected. Let's pray for continued progress and good health.

Not just PTSD from his recent OLs, he's still knocking off rust and looking for rhythm after the long injury layoff.    Look at Rodgers, coming after sitting for a year with injury and hasn't passed for 200 yards in his first 2 games.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

H-Town G-Fan

Talking about who is leading the division after 2 games is pretty meaningless to me. Especially when 2 teams are a single game back with most of the intra-division games to come.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2024, 11:32:14 AMIt's a good point, and we have to guess the Read progressions because they are different with every play. It's quite apparent that TEs are not a big part of this Offense in the Receiving Game. At least for now, until it's established that the O-Line can take the next step and Block with Five. As you said, attacking the middle of the field is very important to an Offense. Although I would be happy to see them hit Hyatt on a few Go Routes and Posts, instead of the Comebacks, Crossers, Slants, and Sticks. They are killing this kid's career and may be better off trading him.   

They don't seem to get the fact that he is fast and has good hands and not the quick elusive guy that Nabers and Wandale are.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 17, 2024, 12:15:12 PMNot just PTSD from his recent OLs, he's still knocking off rust and looking for rhythm after the long injury layoff.    Look at Rodgers, coming after sitting for a year with injury and hasn't passed for 200 yards in his first 2 games.

Aaron Rodgers is 40 coming off a major injury. His last full season in 2022 with GB wasn't very good and far below his standards. There's a very real chance he's not going to be the perennial-MVP candidate he once was. Put shortly, I don't find it a compelling comparison for our 27-year old signal caller whose diminished stats this season still aren't very far off what he's consistently produced in the past. Jones has regularly been up and down--there will be more up and more down, but that doesn't mean he's trending in a particular direction. 

katkavage

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2024, 12:08:09 PMThey sure didn't play like future HoF, 4 Ring of Honor, and a slew of former Pro Bowlers in those first two games. The point isn't about hope. The point was that new defensive programs may need some time for them to work out the kinks as I said. Especially when it uses Zone Cover Two as the base Defense. You guys complain when someone twists the words of a poster to attack or validate a point or their agenda, but then employ the same tactics yourselves. Who knows if they will fine-tune this thing, but score more points and you won't lose games where the Opponent scores just 21 points. 

I still don't see any correlation with the 2007 Giants; again, that defense was individually talented. This team is voided of individual talent; I think you I and fundamentally disagree on how much coaching matters.  To me, it's not a surprise the same players who produced less than stellar results under Wink, are also performing poorly under a different coordinator.  Will they improve?  Sure, but so will the offenses we play.  We're going to start playing pro bowl QBs soon.

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 17, 2024, 12:15:12 PMNot just PTSD from his recent OLs, he's still knocking off rust and looking for rhythm after the long injury layoff.    Look at Rodgers, coming after sitting for a year with injury and hasn't passed for 200 yards in his first 2 games.
Exactly. It's gonna take a few more games for him to get comfortable.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

katkavage

Quote from: T200 on September 17, 2024, 12:48:38 PMExactly. It's gonna take a few more games for him to get comfortable.
Will the Browns defense make him comfortable?

kingm56

I don't understand this comparison. Rodgers will be 41 this season...his last good year occurred in 2021. At this age, Brees was completely shot.  Rodgers isn't remotely the same player at 40 as he was at 35. I think his production is a byproduct of his vastly diminished abilities.  At 36, Cousins is probably a better example; he didn't look rusty last night against a very good Eagles team, playing at home.