News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone sad that Barkley cost the Eagles the game?

Started by JT39, September 16, 2024, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

WE'd be tied for first if Daboll had dressed a kicker.

Gmo11

If they run the ball he likely gets it easily. If he doesnt they tush push their way on 4th and 1. Throwing a pass in that situation was simply Sirianni wanting to be able to say after the game he outsmarted somebody. And yes Saquon dropped an easy ball but as we've mentioned he tends to drop that exact pass more than any other. The level of stupidity around all of that is crazy. Not to mention after the last TD they enforced the penalty on the extra point rather than the kickoff when they still had almost a minute left and 2 time outs. Bad all around. I couldn't be happier about the whole thing.

TDToomer

Sad? I was elated. I was down 2.9 points in fantasy and all I needed was for Jake Elliot to kick a FG. Without that drop they would have been able to run the clock out in V formation and I would be 0-2.

This icing on the cake was the Eagles D choking and letting Kirk Cousins storm down the field for a game winning FG.

I love you Saquon! >:D
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

But but but...I could have sworn there was a thread where it was near unanimous that this board couldn't care less about Saquon after he left?  lol .  Buncha hypocrites.  Very predictable though. 

And watching the Eagles lose a heartbreaker and the Cowboys get BLOWN OUT is a nice salve on this bitter Giants fans heart.  Of course- it was even sweeter that Siriani was a complete MORON for calling any kind of pass play in that situation also...and of course the Eagles losing by 1 via TD from Kirk Cousins...  also hilarious. 

But yeah, I guess we'll get to see all these Saquon threads on a board that apparently could care less about the guy now that he's left.   :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

T200

Quote from: PSUBeirut on September 17, 2024, 10:17:07 AMBut but but...I could have sworn there was a thread where it was near unanimous that this board couldn't care less about Saquon after he left?  lol .  Buncha hypocrites.  Very predictable though

And watching the Eagles lose a heartbreaker and the Cowboys get BLOWN OUT is a nice salve on this bitter Giants fans heart.  Of course- it was even sweeter that Siriani was a complete MORON for calling any kind of pass play in that situation also...and of course the Eagles losing by 1 via TD from Kirk Cousins...  also hilarious. 

But yeah, I guess we'll get to see all these Saquon threads on a board that apparently could care less about the guy now that he's left.   :ok:  :ok:  :ok:
It's what we do. Same thing with Kadarius Toney.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: PSUBeirut on September 17, 2024, 10:17:07 AMBut but but...I could have sworn there was a thread where it was near unanimous that this board couldn't care less about Saquon after he left?  lol .  Buncha hypocrites.  Very predictable though. 

But yeah, I guess we'll get to see all these Saquon threads on a board that apparently could care less about the guy now that he's left.  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

I took the couldn't care less themes to imply they hoped he would not find any success

LennG

I was thrilled also but really Nabors did the exact same thing to cost us a game. They both had great games and screwed the pooch when it was crunch time.

Siriani=Pete Carroll in game winning situations trying to outsmart everyone
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: PSUBeirut on September 17, 2024, 10:17:07 AMBut but but...I could have sworn there was a thread where it was near unanimous that this board couldn't care less about Saquon after he left?  lol .  Buncha hypocrites.  Very predictable though. 

But yeah, I guess we'll get to see all these Saquon threads on a board that apparently could care less about the guy now that he's left.  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:
I was on his side until he ran his mouth and burned the bridge. Still found myself rooting for him until I had to come back to reality. Like it or not, this will go on until he retires, and if and when he gets hurt, brace yourself... Schadenfreude... Then I suggest you stay off Twitter for a while. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on September 17, 2024, 10:22:27 AMI was thrilled also but really Nabors did the exact same thing to cost us a game. They both had great games and screwed the pooch when it was crunch time.

Siriani=Pete Carroll in game winning situations trying to outsmart everyone
Barkley however didn't bark at his HC.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: T200 on September 17, 2024, 10:49:02 AMNot good. Not good at all.

No it's definitely not!...after seeing this I will double down on my assessment that a rookie should not be asked about what plays to run for him. Just do as your told rookie. That's it. If a coach can't handle a rookie after 3 games it spells trouble.