News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Brillo Pad scrubbin' the stink of Bobby Johnson off the O-line

Started by Uncle Mickey, September 17, 2024, 05:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

T200

Quote from: brownelvis54 on September 18, 2024, 05:49:59 PMNeil was pretty good at left tackle while in Alabama my way of thinking is body mechanics wise. Put them at left guard since he was successful at left tackle on the left side to give him every chance he can be successful. I think left guard would Give him the best chance. I would do anything I could put them anywhere on the line so that he doesn't turn out to be a bust. We draft them so high in the first round it would be a shame.
It would also be a shame if another team plays him at either guard position and he thrives.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Brooklyn Dave

If I am not mistaken , isn't Mechci Becton who was a bust as a tackle with the Jets , now a starting guard on the Eagles?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2024, 07:18:44 PMIt would also be a shame if another team plays him at either guard position and he thrives.

It'd be an even bigger shame if another team plays him at LT and he thrives. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Topshelf21

All I know is watching Atlanta last night and noticing just how different their offensive line is compared to us. Those guys look cohesive and locked in step with each other. "They play well as a unit" is an understatement. I'm unsure of where they are in any of the typical "offensive line rankings or in pass block vs run block, or PFF grades" etc. Kirk Cousins can barely move and he looked like he had a wall of all pros blocking for him with more than ample time to win the game against a stout Philly D.

The Falcons line impressed me. While I do believe the G-Men are improving the offensive line, comparatively speaking, they are in tiers that are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I can't remember if the Falcons O-Line was any good last year or recently!

I don't know who Atlanta's O-Line coach is either, but someone is doing something correctly down there in Hotlanta!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Topshelf21 on Today at 04:50:26 AMAll I know is watching Atlanta last night and noticing just how different their offensive line is compared to us. Those guys look cohesive and locked in step with each other. "They play well as a unit" is an understatement. I'm unsure of where they are in any of the typical "offensive line rankings or in pass block vs run block, or PFF grades" etc. Kirk Cousins can barely move and he looked like he had a wall of all pros blocking for him with more than ample time to win the game against a stout Philly D.

The Falcons line impressed me. While I do believe the G-Men are improving the offensive line, comparatively speaking, they are in tiers that are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I can't remember if the Falcons O-Line was any good last year or recently!

I don't know who Atlanta's O-Line coach is either, but someone is doing something correctly down there in Hotlanta!

Last year pff had them ranked as the #4 oline.

The hope is that as the Giants OL plays together more they will acquire a similar cohesion and coordination.

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 18, 2024, 11:15:26 PMIt'd be an even bigger shame if another team plays him at LT and he thrives. 
If we weren't set at LT, then I'd agree with you. It doesn't make sense to move the only stable player from the most important position and give it to a guy who has done nothing but struggle in his professional career.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on Today at 07:32:39 AMIf we weren't set at LT, then I'd agree with you. It doesn't make sense to move the only stable player from the most important position and give it to a guy who has done nothing but struggle in his professional career.

My point was more of if you're set at LT maybe don't draft a LT

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 10:27:59 AMMy point was more of if you're set at LT maybe don't draft a LT

That's a point I agree with.

Sem