News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should Giants Trade For Bryce Young?

Started by Philosophers, September 17, 2024, 06:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantleap56

I'm waiting on a QB with the "it factor" I just don't see any next year. Arch Manning is the only one with that "it" factor. Trading for Young no thanks 5'10 QBs just don't work out. I'm all in on Arch Manning to the Giants boat. Two years away but I'm patient.

Philosophers

Quote from: Giantleap56 on Today at 11:02:35 AMI'm waiting on a QB with the "it factor" I just don't see any next year. Arch Manning is the only one with that "it" factor. Trading for Young no thanks 5'10 QBs just don't work out. I'm all in on Arch Manning to the Giants boat. Two years away but I'm patient.

I think I am in that mindset as well.  Young's size is something I forgot about which is a real negative.  Arch seems the one.

kartanoman

Quote from: bamagiantfan on September 18, 2024, 01:59:36 PMMaybe a straight swap - Jones for Brice. Both could benefit from a change in scenery. There's been enough screaming on this board that the Giants need to get a top pick in the draft to get a quality QB. Well, there appears to be one available.

This would definitely be a win for Jones who would be going back home to NC.

For Young, however, if he has been "destroyed" already, NY will completely bury him next to Jimmy Hoffa, so I'd expect him to run as fast as he could out of town for fear of his life!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

andrew_nyGiants

No one bailed us out for Jones, why should we bail out Carolina?

We're screwed bad enough in the QB room...why add more dysfunction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Painter

Forget Bryce Young unless he's part of a plan in which they continue to stink so much that they end up picking No.1 in 2026 and thus grab their next Manning assuming the magic hasn't worn off. Of course, if they end up picking later, like say 4th, I suppose they might look to Grandpa Archie to force a trade to Our Heroes. Ya think?

Cheers!

Philosophers

You have to think Archie the grandpa was happy with Eli's treatment

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 11:57:03 AMYou have to think Archie the grandpa was happy with Eli's treatment

That was in a different tiime and one not representative of the current regime.

And I want to add, in a general sense not directed at you, that it seems to me that all of this love and covetousness directed towards Arch is based more on a name, not necessarily a player.  And really seems to be Mara-like in its desire to recreate the past.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

Even if Arch Manning continues to QB the Longhorns for most or all of the 9 remaining plus however many expected Championship playoff games and repeats again in 2026, two dozen games is a long time to spend with your tongue hanging out.

Cheers!