News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

“You Like That” and I’m in full bloom love …. When did Mahomes do that

Started by Fletch, September 17, 2024, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Times have been tough for a Giants fan lately. Some have taken to rejoicing in the misery of watching a former player who was easily the best player in this franchise in years — and a class act— drop a pass while they play on a another team.

I have taken to watching a funny looking guy play QB here — Mike Glennon--admittedly not well—as a last ditch effort/ Cinderella story since the current situation seemed hopeless. Others resorted to excuse making for what otherwise has been subpar QB play and a Pollyanna attitude . Some others have also resorted to cheap put downs of other posters . To each his own I guess

T200

Quote from: JT39 on September 18, 2024, 04:47:25 AMYawn...

I would normally PM you but since I've already addressed your interactions with the other folks you've had contentious commentary with, consider this your last warning.

Take that nonsense to the other boards you came from. It's not welcome here.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MrGap92

Are we really on a Giants forum criticizing the best QB in the game or questioning the refs?

What is this thread?

T200

OK - I don't what's going on with you guys but it's already getting tiring and I haven't suspended/banned anyone in a while.

Disagree with each other all you like but the personal call outs and attacks need to stop immediately.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

I deleted my message as it is early here and i was meaning to qoute Fletch but I accidentally quoted the JT guy by mistake.

Fletch

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 18, 2024, 08:37:44 AMAre we really on a Giants forum criticizing the best QB in the game or questioning the refs?

What is this thread?

That would be both. It is 2 for 1 there. I 'll also add a 3rd thing -- they whine to the refs a lot in comeback mode. Furthermore it'll go in the record book as a comeback win but, they are not all created equal. Only thing matching the intensity of the one performed by Cousins was the 13 second Bills tying FG to send to OT from a couple of years back. And that was to go into OT after kicking a FG ; not the same at all

MrGap92

Quote from: Fletch on September 18, 2024, 04:15:34 PMThat would be both. It is 2 for 1 there. I 'll also add a 3rd thing -- they whine to the refs a lot in comeback mode. Furthermore it'll go in the record book as a comeback win but, they are not all created equal. Only thing matching the intensity of the one performed by Cousins was the 13 second Bills tying FG to send to OT from a couple of years back.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league, the refs are fine, and this thread is one I will be leaving alone, and hopefully everyone else follows.

Fletch

^ I never said he wasn't . In an era of bad QB play Mahomes is in fact the best . I'm not arguing that.

But the Mahomes folklore goes beyond just this era of qb comparisons. He's in the goat conversation.

You set aside the subjectivness of not matching Capt. Kirk's come from behind win prettiness or Say Tom Brady vs Atlanta in the SB from a few years ago, the fact he never threw 300 yards in a Super Bowl that didn't go into OT is a legit criticism

JT39

In 2022,

Patrick Mahomes had four game winning TD drives. In those games, three of them he went over 300 yards and the fourth game was over 400 yards. He had 11 total TDs and just 2 INTs in those games.

In 2021,
Patrick Mahomes he had three game winning TD drives and averaged 333 yards passing in those games accounting for 8 TDs and 2 INTs.

Hopefully this illustrates the greatness of Patrick Mahomes.

Fletch

So the critique is he never threw for over 300 yards in a super bowl and he never had that short intense, abrupt come back win as Capt, Kirk so you're combining them and giving me stats .

Did you actually watch those games ? I actually went and looked this up for the 2022 ones...

There was KAS Vs Tenn which while a come from behind win -- was more of the cheap suit variety ten a Kirk Cousins one

There was KAS vs LAC which they got a BS holding call just like what I have been complaining about throughout the thread

There was KAS vs HOU which was an game tie FG and then they scored in OT , I don't get how they really count it if it goes in OT

And then ther was KAS vs Denver which seems like the most ridicukous one to count it as such since KC had a lead with like 8 min in the 4th qtr, So they came back and scored a TD early in the 4th and Den kicked a FG and time expired so that is a comeback?

Also none of those were playoff teams or as good as the Eagles

Fletch

You're not going to find one like Kirk's from KC because it doesn't exist since the KC playbook is all gimicky Andy Reid bubble screen type plays ; and also Mahomes extending plays with athletic prowess and running