News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Schoen's comment about a $40 million dollar QB handing off

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2024, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: TDToomer on September 20, 2024, 02:00:31 PMNever forget

Mara men are known to do this as part of the family tradition. John is just following in his father's footsteps here. It's just too bad that it goes the same for running a football organization as well.

I guess as long as the revenue stream comes in as third best in the league, the Tisch family couldn't care less, unless the Giants are winning, and then they bring their mugs in front of the cameras to take their well deserved credit. Then back to Tinseltown they go!

Ah, the dichotomy of ownership in the NFL!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2024, 11:09:23 AMAndrew,

Schoen said this in the middle of a strategy meeting.  HBO recorded hundreds of hours of tape, and there was no way Joe Schoen knew that particular comment would make the show.  If it was a shot at his boss, it was a poorly timed and executed shot, in my opinion.

Lol. You really think that a comment like that wouldn't make it into the show? It was probably the most controversial statement made during the entire season, of course it was going to be included.

T200

Quote from: todge on September 20, 2024, 04:09:31 PMIt was my understanding the Giants had final veto power over any content aired in Hard Knocks. Am I wrong? Regardless, Schoen said a lot of things on that show that shouldn't have been aired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? Did the show have an adverse affect on the season or how the games are played?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fletch

How is the revenue stream third best in the league? Giants are no longer the televised game of the week w John Madden and Pat Summerall

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Fletch on September 22, 2024, 08:53:21 PMHow is the revenue stream third best in the league? Giants are no longer  ationaoky televised game if the week w John Madden and Pat Summersll

Unless I am mistaken the 32 teams share equally in tv money, so it doesn't matter they're on a nationally televised game or one only shown is smaller markets.  Disparities in revenue are based on things like concessions, boxes, and parking, I think.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2024, 11:41:39 AMI have been in the working world for over 4 decades.   Second-guessing one's boss has always been popular, and certainly, the number of people who refrain from doing so is smaller.  However, among successful managers, it's still the norm from what I have seen.
The key word there is, "successful".  "Successful" managers have their respect and trust of their staffs, that the staff doesnt feel the need to second-guess or challenge them.