News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ranaan on how Hyatt became the forgotten man

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinddelfosse, H-Town G-Fan and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: 4 Aces on Today at 06:04:41 PMSlayton's a coach killer.

How is Slayton a coach killer? How many players have the Giants drafted in the 5th round or later in the last decade who have had more successful Giants careers than Slayton has to this point?

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 04:03:37 PMI think it's being overthought...not exactly rocket science. Pretty simple really...we drafted Nabers. He is the main show and will be (and has been) used as such. And Robinson is extremely valuable in the slot and fills that spot perfectly, so he's getting chances. So it comes down to Slayton and Hyatt for WR3. As I've pointed out, Slayton is taller, has longer arms, bigger hands, and had a faster 40 time than Hyatt (albeit, just a couple tenths of a second) at the combine...plus, Slayton is experienced, and he has gotten rid of the dropsies (statistically proven). So basically, it's a coin toss between Slayton and Hyatt, and with Slayton's experience, he's obviously going to get more chances than Hyatt. And Slayton isn't getting used all that much as it is

Hyatt needs to relax, put in the work, stay in tip-top shape, be a good teammate, and he'll get his chance as WRs are always getting hurt. When his time comes, he must make it count. What he shouldn't do, is complain or ask for a trade
And he's doing all that. This is only about a reporter stirring up xxxx. There's another rumor that there are player who are starting to lose faith in Daboll and he's on a watch list of the first to be fired. Reminds me of Gary Myers and Paul Schwartz back stabbing Tom Coughlin around 2005-2006. Losing the team.

Players get frustrated and they vent, especially the young ones. Lesson learned who to trust and not trust.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Doc16LT56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 03:15:10 PMThere seem to be many that have the view that it's coaching's fault that Hyatt isn't more productive. Is it not possible that maybe he's just not a very good NFL receiver? Not every player who was productive in college and runs a blazing 40 ends up being good in the pros.

I agree. But it could also be both. Even if a coaching staff doesn't know how to use you, it's ultimately the player's responsibility to find a role. Figure out a way to force your way on the field.

I remember when Jessie Armstead was a young player, he didn't get playing time on defense even though he showed a ton of potential. He worked hard on special teams, made a ton of plays, and made a name for himself. When a new coaching staff came in, he got his shot and became an All Pro on defense. He didn't wait for an opportunity. He made his own opportunity.

Whether or not Hyatt has the ability to be a high end starting WR, he's got to figure out a way to carve out his own role. It's his career and it's ultimately on him to force the issue.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 06:52:03 PMAnd he's doing all that. This is only about a reporter stirring up xxxx. There's another rumor that there are player who are starting to lose faith in Daboll and he's on a watch list of the first to be fired. Reminds me of Gary Myers and Paul Schwartz back stabbing Tom Coughlin  2005-2006. Losing the team.

Players get aroundfrustrated and they vent, especially the young ones. Lesson learned who to trust and not trust.
Should reporters not report when they hear players vent? Coughlin admitted he had locker room issues he had to address. Since when are reporters back stabbing anyone by doing their job?

LennG

We traded up for  Hyatt and at #2 can he be classified as a bust?

There is no way a #2 draft pick, even one we traded up for, should be riding the pines. I can see if he just can't 'do it' but when he has gotten a chance he plays well.

Let's call it the way it is and this is on the coaching staff.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on Today at 07:09:06 PMShould reporters not report when they hear players vent? Coughlin admitted he had locker room issues he had to address. Since when are reporters back stabbing anyone by doing their job?
He didn't report venting. He reported a request for a trade. That aside, there are situations where it's important to report and there are situations where the stretch of the truth is unwarranted. Especially for a struggling franchise that is making every effort to turn it around. A situation was crafted here. Why? Because he smells blood and it profiles himself at the expense of others. Two games into the season. Two.

We have no idea what damage was done and if this snowballs.

Before this season, the talk was that Daboll and Schoen had enough slack in their rope to draft and develop their own QB. Now it's win or your done. Lose the locker room and your out.

Wash, rinse, repeat... three more years wasted.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: LennG on Today at 07:41:31 PMWe traded up for  Hyatt and at #2 can he be classified as a bust?

There is no way a #2 draft pick, even one we traded up for, should be riding the pines. I can see if he just can't 'do it' but when he has gotten a chance he plays well.

Let's call it the way it is and this is on the coaching staff.

I believe Hyatt was a third round pick, #73 overall.  It's not odd a third round pick is seeing limited snaps in their second year.  I believe some fans had high expectations as a byproduct of his first round draft projection.  There's good reasons multiple teams passed on him and he's not starting now.  He needs more time.