News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants injury list

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2024, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Prior to getting here, Burns missed I think a total of three games through his first five seasons in the NFL. The guy has been the model of durability, and now as a Giant he's suddenly hurt very early in the season.

Oh well. I'm sure it's just bad luck.

MightyGiants

Paul Schwartz
@NYPost_Schwartz
·
1m
Giants game statuses for Sunday's game vs. the Browns:

Out:
▪️ CB Nick McCloud (Knee)

Questionable:
▪️ OLB Brian Burns (Groin)
▪️ ILB Darius Muasau (Knee)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2024, 02:37:42 PMPrior to getting here, Burns missed I think a total of three games through his first five seasons in the NFL. The guy has been the model of durability, and now as a Giant he's suddenly hurt very early in the season.

Not bad luck, but it must be the "Year of the Groin" since it seems to be the "en vogue" injury of choice this season. First Gano, now Burns, who's next up?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2024, 03:23:07 PMPaul Schwartz
@NYPost_Schwartz
·
1m
Giants game statuses for Sunday's game vs. the Browns:

Out:
▪️ CB Nick McCloud (Knee)

Questionable:
▪️ OLB Brian Burns (Groin)
▪️ ILB Darius Muasau (Knee)

Compared to prior years this is an amazingly low list by games 3.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

madbadger

Quote from: kartanoman on September 20, 2024, 05:00:24 PMNot bad luck, but it must be the "Year of the Groin" since it seems to be the "en vogue" injury of choice this season. First Gano, now Burns, who's next up?

Peace!

Too many guys going to Diddy parties.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2024, 02:37:42 PMPrior to getting here, Burns missed I think a total of three games through his first five seasons in the NFL. The guy has been the model of durability, and now as a Giant he's suddenly hurt very early in the season.

He's played 87%+ of snaps in his first 2 games and is playing today. This seems like a reach.

Uncle Mickey

Both Dru and Adoree went out with calf injuries. If they don't play next week that is a HUGE blow to the 2ndary

MightyGiants

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on September 22, 2024, 10:16:04 PMBoth Dru and Adoree went out with calf injuries. If they don't play next week that is a HUGE blow to the 2ndary

Both calf and groin injuries are the types of injuries that a quality medical program should be able to avoid.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on September 22, 2024, 10:16:04 PMBoth Dru and Adoree went out with calf injuries. If they don't play next week that is a HUGE blow to the 2ndary

I honestly didn't even see Adoree's number on the field. Did he have to change it?

Game is in 3 days. Someone needs to cover Lamb.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: TDToomer on Today at 08:53:12 AMI honestly didn't even see Adoree's number on the field. Did he have to change it?

Scary proposition if all 3 of Phillips, Adoree and McLoud are out on a short week

President Rick

Adoree was wearing 21 last week
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on Today at 08:53:12 AMI honestly didn't even see Adoree's number on the field. Did he have to change it?

He had 17 snaps, 25%.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:45:48 AMBoth calf and groin injuries are the types of injuries that a quality medical program should be able to avoid.

Do the Giants have a quality medical program? No

Do teams that have quality medical programs avoid calf and groin injuries? No

MightyGiants

Quote from: Stringer Bell on Today at 09:38:50 AMDo the Giants have a quality medical program? No

Do teams that have quality medical programs avoid calf and groin injuries? No

It's more a question of how many rather than if a player will ever suffer any.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE