News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where do you personally stand on Eli Manning and the Hall of Fame?

Started by DaveBrown74, Today at 05:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your opinion, does Eli Manning deserve to be in the NFL Hall of Fame?

DaveBrown74

I know this isn't a new topic here, but now that Eli is officially eligible and this subject is currently in the news and national discussion, I thought it would be worth taking a fresh poll to see where people stand.

Does Eli belong in the Hall of Fame?

Please remember, you are voting on what you think SHOULD happen, not what you think WILL happen.

I would love to hear all opinions. Thanks.

ozzie

Resounding YES! Eli should be first ballot. Every other 2x Super Bowl MVP is in, except for Brady, who's not eligible yet, and Mahomes, who is still playing. Plus he's the only QB to beat Brady twice in the SB, and lead the Giants to spoiling the 19-0 season. Sure, you can argue the regular season numbers aren't great, but it's all about winning the big one and Eli was as clutch as they come.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Hadron

I've gone back and forth between first ballot and "eventually" getting in. Heck, give it to him on the first ballot!

LennG

He is the best QB on the list this year, whatever that means.

With all his work with youngsters, his QB camp, his presence on MNF, and everything else, he is well-liked all around, he gets in.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kingm56

Quote from: LennG on Today at 07:43:17 PMHe is the best QB on the list this year, whatever that means.

With all his work with youngsters, his QB camp, his presence on MNF, and everything else, he is well-liked all around, he gets in.

He's also top 12 all-time in every major statical category, was an iron man with an impressive conservative game streak, 4x Pro Bowler, 2x Super Bowl MVP, and Walter Payton Man of the Year.  His accolades are far superior to most of his competition in this years HoF class.   He has two negatives: his W/L record and lack of All Pro. The former is not too big of a deal as the majority of the losses came in his last three years.  In his prime, he was a fantastic QB. The lack of All Pro nods will be harder to argue.  Given the weak class this year, I think he gets in. 

Painter

I expect him to get into the HOF whether on a first or subsequent ballot although it seems that the former has somehow been made into an even greater honor than the latter. In any case, I suppose it could depend on how much weight voters give to Eli's 2 Super Bowl MVP wins over the GOAT including over a once nearly undefeated Patriots team, as compared to his otherwise mediocre Regular season career. Que sera sera is okay with me.

Cheers!