News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- C John Michael Schmitz Jr is improving -

Started by sxdxca38, September 21, 2024, 12:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

His PFF grade in 2023 was 41.4 and he gave up five sacks.

However, his PFF grade in 2024 has jumped to 60.4, and in two games he has given up zero sacks.

Let's see if he can continue to steadily improve, if so he can be a good player for the Giants for the next ten years.

link

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 21, 2024, 12:57:42 AMHis PFF grade in 2023 was 41.4 and he gave up five sacks.

However, his PFF grade in 2024 has jumped to 60.4, and in two games he has given up zero sacks.

Let's see if he can continue to steadily improve, if so he can be a good player for the Giants for the next ten years.

link

Good observation SXD. The whole offensive line, while still exhibiting room for improvement, seems to be getting better finally. I agree that he has been a part of that, but I hadn't noticed the PFF grades. Thanks for posting.

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2024, 07:52:09 AMGood observation SXD. The whole offensive line, while still exhibiting room for improvement, seems to be getting better finally. I agree that he has been a part of that, but I hadn't noticed the PFF grades. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Dave, and I'm happy you've noticed as well that the whole offensive line has definitely improved.

Let's see how this transpires

PSUBeirut

What are the overall pff grades for the OL this year as compared to last?

uconnjack8

Quote from: PSUBeirut on September 21, 2024, 09:07:31 AMWhat are the overall pff grades for the OL this year as compared to last?

I don't have overall grades but here is a composite pass blocking ranking through 2 games. 

I am certainly encouraged with what I have seen thus far, but the next few weeks will give us a lot more information about how much they have improved.  Supposedly Myles Garrett is playing this weekend.

Gman329

Interesting that we're one spot below the team universally regarded as the worst team in the NFL.

B1GBLUE

we ran it right up the gut on a tough redskins front that no one even attempts to do such a thing. he was a big part of that. he will be a good one.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gman329 on September 21, 2024, 09:58:08 AMInteresting that we're one spot below the team universally regarded as the worst team in the NFL.

Shows you how badly Bryce Young stinks as an NFL QB (in case it wasn't already obvious).

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2024, 12:44:09 PMShows you how badly Bryce Young stinks as an NFL QB (in case it wasn't already obvious).

What does that list say about our NFL QB?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

sxdxca38

Thought I'd post this here, his JMS PFF grade is improving, up to 63.9

link down below

link