News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Browns game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 22, 2024, 11:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Serious question.... Is Watsons throwing arm hurt or something ?

Trench

Woody

Even thibs showed up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

killarich

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: kartanoman on September 22, 2024, 03:04:05 PMFor all the grief this board gives Jones, it probably doesn't hold a candle to what Watson must be going through.

He just isn't the QB he was in Houston. The Browns have shot themselves in the foot with that contract of his.

The situation in Cleveland with their QB is the far more hopeless story.

Peace!

The Browns brought the situation upon themselves by trading for the legally embattled Watson and giving him a fully guaranteed contract, which was the largest ever at the time. They deserve to struggle at QB for years given the way they treated and discarded Mayfield and made Watson far too rich.

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 22, 2024, 03:06:38 PMSerious question.... Is Watsons throwing arm hurt or something ?

Not sure...I've watched Clev this year because Ford is on my FF team; he's been this bad all year.  I think it's time to accept he's not going to earn his contract.  I'm actually surprised they haven't pulled him yet; he's just been awful all year. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: killarich on September 22, 2024, 03:06:38 PMSerious question.... Is Watsons throwing arm hurt or something ?

He hasn't looked good since his last full season in Houston and that's a long time ago.

spiderblue43

Giants making mistakes that are keeping the Browns in the game, drop int. fumble..errand throw..in the 2nd half.

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on September 22, 2024, 03:09:12 PMNot sure...I've watched Clev this year because Ford is on my FF team; he's been this bad all year.  I think it's time to accept he's not going to earn his contract.  I'm actually surprised they haven't pulled him yet; he's just been awful all year. 

His throws whether deep or short have been horrific ... not on target at all...for the most part

Trench

Ojulari is even doing good against the run (or at least it appears he is quite involved)

killarich

Quote from: spiderblue43 on September 22, 2024, 03:09:54 PMGiants making mistakes that are keeping the Browns in the game, drop int. fumble..errand throw..in the 2nd half.

I mean yea a few mistakes.. but that is normal.. still winning by 2 scores

TDToomer

Rapist Watson is flirting with a 50% completion percentage which would have been fine in 1975.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 22, 2024, 03:11:41 PMI mean yea a few mistakes.. but that is normal.. still winning by 2 scores

I haven't seen anything in three weeks to suggest the Brown can overcome two scores in a qtr. 

DaveBrown74

The Browns' O line looked bad right from the beginning of the game but they've since lost Wills and one of their starting guards. Not to mention Conklin isn't playing, and he's their best lineman.

We caught them on a good day (from our perspective). I'm not taking anything away from us because we're having an awesome afternoon period, but this O line is a mess now. Bowen needs to keep dialing up the heat.