News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The positives of this game and hopefully continued improvement

Started by killarich, September 22, 2024, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 22, 2024, 10:12:51 PMIt reminded me of 2007 and the third game of the season when one stand changed the course of the season and an era. Will that be the case here? Who knows, but it seemed quite poignant to me in the moment. At the very least, it was the defining point in the game. It rattled a veteran QB who many here were calling elite several years ago and it certainly caught Stefanski and his Offensive Coaching Staff off guard.

And similar to that 2007 game the Giants front 7 made life miserable for the QB. That was the game Osi had 6 sacks on McNabb. Ironically a Jon Runyan was involved in both games.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: londonblue on Today at 04:33:22 AMThursday will be interesting. If it is first half Giants v first half Cowboys we will smile. If it is second half v second half we will hide behind our couches. Singletary has to stop fumbling. DJ needs to improve ball placement. D needs to attack not sit back and get eviscerated.

The way the O and D played in the first half shows this team CAN be capable of a pretty impressive level of play when they are attacking and in sync.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on September 22, 2024, 10:14:18 PM3 games in and each game they've looked a little better each game:

week 1 both O and D flat out stunk

week 2 Offense much better defense still stinks

week 3 offense even better and defense night and day difference

They play like they did first half they have a chance to beat the Cowboys

Its almost as if playing is necessary to playing well.  Which is why I personally wish we played starters in the preseason.

And it almost seems that after a long injury lay-off a QB needs actual game time to knock off the rust and get some rhythm.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll