News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Daniel Jones 24/34 236 yards 2 TD 0 Int 109.4 RTG 72.7 QBR -

Started by sxdxca38, September 22, 2024, 07:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

He's now projected to throw for 3,400 yards and 23 TDs.

He also had two to three runs of at least ten yards called back because of holding calls by the TE's.

He's getting better, and let's see how the year transpires for him and the team, fourteen more games to go.

Curious your thoughts?

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 22, 2024, 07:22:12 PMHe's now projected to throw for 3,400 yards and 23 TDs.

He also had two to three runs of at least ten yards called back because of holding calls by the TE's.

He's getting better, and let's see how the year transpires for him and the team, fourteen more games to go.

Curious your thoughts?

Fair points. Let's see. He did real REAL well but still really struggled in areas where he shouldn't be struggling. Really struggled. His deep passes are a cause for concern as it has been 2 weeks of awful passes when our wr have the defense beat. Also concerned with the touch passes. The 1st TD to Nabers shouldn't have been that hard. After he was hit in 2nd half (I don't know who it was) he changed. He played nervous and jittery after that.

Before u attack me, I'm thrilled with his performance. He played above my expectations. He is making strides for sure. I felt the turning point in the game was when he marched the field after that 3 and out on defense - and he scored a TD before halftime on a LONG SUSTAINED drive. He never did this before consistently. I saw a lot today and I'm happy. He makes me furious but then again so did Phil Simms.

I hope he and the Giants enjoy their Sunday. They earned it and they deserve it. I can't wait for Thursday a big test in prime time AGAIN.

Jclayton92

1 game sadly doesn't change 9 years of previous gameplay. Good for him, Malik helps everyone but I don't know that anyone that thought we should get a qb next year changes that thought bc of one average game.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on September 22, 2024, 07:29:44 PMFair points. Let's see. He did real REAL well but still really struggled in areas where he shouldn't be struggling. Really struggled. His deep passes are a cause for concern as it has been 2 weeks of awful passes when our wr have the defense beat. Also concerned with the touch passes. The 1st TD to Nabers shouldn't have been that hard. After he was hit in 2nd half (I don't know who it was) he changed. He played nervous and jittery after that.

Before u attack me, I'm thrilled with his performance. He played above my expectations. He is making strides for sure. I felt the turning point in the game was when he marched the field after that 3 and out on defense - and he scored a TD before halftime on a LONG SUSTAINED drive. He never did this before consistently. I saw a lot today and I'm happy. He makes me furious but then again so did Phil Simms.

I hope he and the Giants enjoy their Sunday. They earned it and they deserve it. I can't wait for Thursday a big test in prime time AGAIN.

Hi Trench,

Don't worry I won't attack you.

I agree on his deep passes, what he needs to work on is putting more air under it and allowing his receiver to just run under the pass and go get it. He's throwing it too much on a line, which leaves little to no room for error, whereas putting some air under it allows the receiver to outrun his man and go and get it.

I remember in the past you said you wanted him to prove you wrong, well let's see if he is able to do that.

fourteen more games to go, and yes Thursday is a big test.

Team should be 2-1 and fighting for first place.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 22, 2024, 07:34:53 PM1 game sadly doesn't change 9 years of previous gameplay. Good for him, Malik helps everyone but I don't know that anyone that thought we should get a qb next year changes that thought bc of one average game.

Hi,

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it has been just one game.

Last week he posted a 100 QB RTG and a 61.0 QBR, so it has been two weeks in a row.

Let's also not forget the entire 2022 season, fourteen more games to go, let's see how it transpires.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 22, 2024, 07:52:16 PMHi Trench,

I agree on his deep passes, what he needs to work on is putting more air under it and allowing his receiver to just run under the pass and go get it. He's throwing it too much on a line, which leaves little to no room for error, whereas putting some air under it allows the receiver to outrun his man and go and get it.

I remember in the past you said you wanted him to prove you wrong, well let's see if he is able to do that.

I'm rooting for him to make me eat crow indeed!

sxdxca38

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 22, 2024, 07:56:19 PMHi,

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it has been just one game.

Last week he posted a 100 QB RTG and a 61.0 QBR, so it has been two weeks in a row.

Let's also not forget the entire 2022 season, fourteen more games to go, let's see how it transpires.

SXD,

If you are looking at today's game, I get that. It is topical today. He had a good game today.

But if your desire is to look at more than one game, may I ask why you only seem to want to look at today and last week, while skipping week one? And then further, why just the 2022 season but not the more recent 2023 season? Also what about 2019, 2020, and 2021?

Seems you are just picking out data that suits a particular narrative while ignoring or eliminating the data that doesn't.

Why not just look at the whole body of work? Or, if you want to just look at more recent data in his career, why throw out 2023 but include 2022?

I'm just trying to understand your analytical process here.

Thanks.

PSUBeirut

I only got to watch the 1st half, but I thought that was the best half of football I've seen from DJ in quite a long time.  Let's hope he can continue to feel comfortable back there and build on this!

kingm56

Quote from: PSUBeirut on September 22, 2024, 08:13:50 PMI only got to watch the 1st half, but I thought that was the best half of football I've seen from DJ in quite a long time.  Let's hope he can continue to feel comfortable back there and build on this!

Watching the second half will change your mind; he wasn't good at all and the coaches took the ball out of his hands late in the game.  Regardless, on the whole, it was a good game for DJ.   

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 22, 2024, 08:10:12 PMSXD,

If you are looking at today's game, I get that. It is topical today. He had a good game today.

But if your desire is to look at more than one game, may I ask why you only seem to want to look at today and last week, while skipping week one? And then further, why just the 2022 season but not the more recent 2023 season? Also what about 2019, 2020, and 2021?

Seems you are just picking out data that suits a particular narrative while ignoring or eliminating the data that doesn't.

Why not just look at the whole body of work? Or, if you want to just look at more recent data in his career, why throw out 2023 but include 2022?

I'm just trying to understand your analytical process here.

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

When I started the thread, I was only focusing on today's performance and showing that he is improving.

Others chimed in and said it was only one game, when in fact I had shown it had actually been two.

Was his first game bad? Absolutely! but has he begun to rebound? I can say without a doubt he has.

Nothing more nothing less.

Fourteen more games to go, let's see what happens.

Gmo11

Quote from: kingm56 on September 22, 2024, 08:23:35 PMWatching the second half will change your mind; he wasn't good at all and the coaches took the ball out of his hands late in the game.  Regardless, on the whole, it was a good game for DJ.   

Agreed. I didn't want to be a wet blanket because overall a good game for him and an excellent first half. But that second half was brutal and they were pretty lucky to hang on for that win.

todge

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 22, 2024, 07:52:16 PMHi Trench,

Let's remember - the NFL average for passes over 20 yards was 57% while DJs was 65%. Regardless, Jones ran the offense well against a very good defensive team.

The Giants, like most teams, sat on their lead. They also had poor starting field position on three occasions in the second half. There were also two key 3rd down drops by Slayton and Robinson as well as a missed "hot read " that led to an incompletion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: todge on September 22, 2024, 08:33:49 PMLet's remember - the NFL average for passes over 20 yards was 57% while DJs was 65%. Regardless, Jones ran the offense well against a very good defensive team.

The Giants, like most teams, sat on their lead. They also had poor starting field position on three occasions in the second half. There were also two key 3rd down drops by Slayton and Robinson as well as a missed "hot read " that led to an incompletion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a fair point, Ted.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 22, 2024, 08:30:26 PMHi Dave,

When I started the thread, I was only focusing on today's performance and showing that he is improving.

Others chimed in and said it was only one game, when in fact I had shown it had actually been two.

Was his first game bad? Absolutely! but has he begun to rebound? I can say without a doubt he has.

Nothing more nothing less.

Fourteen more games to go, let's see what happens.

Fair enough, SXD.

I am hoping the Giants can turn the tables on recent history and topple Dallas in prime time on Thursday.