News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Daniel Jones 24/34 236 yards 2 TD 0 Int 109.4 RTG 72.7 QBR -

Started by sxdxca38, September 22, 2024, 07:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

That really shows how good Garrett is.  One of the few that has lived up to the pre-draft hype at that position. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

to me it was honestly a very eli manning-esque performance. a few bonehead plays, moved the chains, made a couple really nice throws, not a lot of yards, 2 td's. eli was rarely a 300 yrd 2 td qb.

if he keeps doing this he'll be fine. i still think you need to start looking for his replacement unless he REALLY turns it up. Nabers is an absolute superstar and will be a top 5-10 WR by end of the year. love to see it.

todge

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 09:43:39 AMI am down on the current NFL game in which YPC and YPA and sub 200 yards are so low across the NFL.  Frankly, a very boring style of football to watch.  I miss the days of 13.0 YPC and 300 yard passing games.  Game needs to be more vertical, not a 5 yard throw with fingers crossed to a small guy.
I agree so sorry if this is a repeat post. But the two high safety (aka cover 2) is shutting down the long pass. Scoring is down across the league and many experts will tell you that defense is the reason . Mel Kiper has publicly called on the NFL to ban that defense.

Why not? Baseball tinkered with the shift. Basketball has implemented several rule changes to increase offense. Football and its Competition Committee needs to do something. Terry Bradshaw made a career out of the long pass to Lynn Swan. That magical duo would struggle in today's NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch

Quote from: B1GBLUE on Today at 03:36:36 PMto me it was honestly a very eli manning-esque performance. a few bonehead plays, moved the chains, made a couple really nice throws, not a lot of yards, 2 td's. eli was rarely a 300 yrd 2 td qb.

if he keeps doing this he'll be fine. i still think you need to start looking for his replacement unless he REALLY turns it up. Nabers is an absolute superstar and will be a top 5-10 WR by end of the year. love to see it.

I am really losing my patience with people who dog Eli Manning to prop up Daniel Jones.

Eli Manning was top 5 in yards/ top 5 in TDs at one time or another. He was at least like top 10 in those categories for a number or years. Daniel Jones has not done that once.

He may not have had them all the time -- but at least he had some. And must have had them quite a bit.

DJN

Amazing what an actual NFL receiver and competent NFL OL can do for a QB ain't it ???

And we're also getting good results from our RB.....

Sure, Barkley has 150 yards more rushing, but with 20 more carries...

That money was well spent elsewhere to help Jones...

We should be 2-1

Jclayton92

Quote from: JT39 on Today at 11:22:12 AMIf Jones averages 2 TDs and 250 combined yards for the rest of the season that would put him over 4000 combined yards and over 30 TDs.

Will it happen? Probably not. But those are numbers that would be pretty impressive.
In his best season Jones averaged like 166 yards a game and less than a pass td a game, so him putting up 250 and 2 tds would be quite the step up but I don't think it saves him. Sam howell put up 4,000 and the Commanders still drafted Jayden Daniels.